Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / record game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 21:12
hi,how would u make a record function????

and have it play it back to u???

any one have some code for this pls??
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 21:16
You have been here over two years, please act that way. You know well that you cant just ask for code, and also to maybe structure your question a bit better. Can we atleast know what type of game it is?

"It's like floating a boat on a liquid that I don't know, but I'm quite happy to drink it if I'm thirsty enough" - Me being a good programmer but sucking at computers
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 21:59
The way i do it is to save only the player input, and make the game so that it depends only on the player input. (You can introduce some randomness into the game, as long as you do stuff like save the seeds.)
I'm pretty sure this is how most mainstream games do it.

Basically, when the game is played, it records the player's input. To watch the replay, the game is restarted with the same initial conditions, and the control is read from the recorded input file, so the computer "plays" the game in exactly the same way as the human player did.

It can be a bit of a pig to get right- miss out one tiny thing, and the replay diverges from what was recorded.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 00:29
I believe someone found an AVI plugin that allows you to make avi animations. Try searching.

Practice makes perfect. But if nobody is perfect, why practice?
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 18:58
record?
what do you mean?
a circular disk made of vinyl? a function to collect sounds? a function to collect video data? Be more specific!

thanks to deathead for the sig!
http://istuff.freepay.com/?r=40618251 - please sign up.
calcyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2007 18:37
@blobby: Probably a function to record user input.

From that everything else can be derived (except for programs with the RANDOMIZE command in.)

To do that just use an ultra-massive array full of mouse clicks, mouse coords and keyboard presses.

I can't be bothered to invent a signature

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:18:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:18:29