Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / problems with restore command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2007 21:04 Edited at: 15th Oct 2007 22:47
hi well i think i am having a problem over here for you see i copied-pasted a code from the book i am reading and it should work but it don't work i think the problem is between the restore and "printdata" commands because when i take them away the program runs is just that don't run the way is supposed to can someone test the source code for me and see if is right or if someting is wrong?

thanks in advance

#100041:user function call must include a set of brackets at line 24.

thats the message i get when trying to run it... and i tried doing a few changes but still always pop up a error thats why i need someone to test it and see if someting is wrong with my program or what.. that code is just as i copied from the book so unless the book is wrong shouldn't be any mistake i am using darkbasic pro maybe that have someting to do? (the book was intended for darkbasic the one writed by Mr Joshua).

[MOD EDIT - Added code tags]
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2007 22:51
It just needs 2 changes to the code to work right.

Look for both lines containing just 'PrintData', and add a pair of brackets at the end - 'PrintData()' - then run it.

Also, I get the error at line 35, so I'd suggest you also update DBPro & the editor (look at the top of the Bugs forum for links to both sets of updates)

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
Mhitandyr
Years of Service
User Offline
i never though that could be the reason seriously but hey i just started with this some days ago anyway i added both the "()" and worked fine thanks for the help
Mhitandyr
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't have to take it as a offense anyway... sorry my english isn't very good and i am trying to understand as most as i can i didn't had anything to check with so i had to ask i didn't knew what brackets mean to tell you the truth and i am not trying to offend you but if the message was already answered why did you had to bother giving a answer?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 05:17:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 05:17:20