Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / 15 or so songs I wrote

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 23:05
Well, since we have a board, I thought I'd let people know where mine are. I've been writing music for over 10 years, off and on. I used to use a 4-track and now I have a guitar and keyboard hooked up to my computer, and soon I'll be adding a theremin to the mix.

http://jeku.com/audio/

Any criticism I would love to hear. Some of the songs are older, but I wrote all of the melodies myself (aside from my remake of Polovetsian Dance). Some of the stuff there is unfinished, by the way.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work Jeku!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120... when will you learn?
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 23:51
ooo, nice. in the first one called 'all' the synth clickin seems a little to prominent, but youre the composer.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 23:53
'All' will stream all the songs. There isn't a song called 'All'

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 00:41
Jeku... These are great! Im impressed!

~*~ Go Go Pwnzer Rangers ~*~
jasonhtml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 03:29
very cool! my favorites were Video Game Hero and Where Will My Soul Go

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 04:13
now i feel dumb, but there very good.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 05:52
I'm loving the one called The Ocean, very nice work!

Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 07:14
Very well done, I really enjoyed all of them.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 08:23
I like your music Jeku. I wish daft Punkish could have been developed more, it was awesome and funky, and hit all the right grooves for me. Hit The Pavement was also awesome in a weird funky kind of way, I liked the full-sounding drum sample and the heavy hitting and all the contrasting sections, like when it breaks down into little hi-hat clicks and a sweeping pad. I liked the broad synth in Sci-Fi Epilogue, but I think the drum beat under it took away from it, it might be more effective if it comes in later with the main riff.

May I ask what the bolded track names signify?

Oh and clever name for Rhode Rage hehe.

I'm going to eat you!
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 01:40
These are some great tunes, jeku! You're a good composer, unlike me. I do like your style, it's somewhat similar to something i want to try once i get my new setup. How much time on average do you spend on a track, start to finish? And do you have any good tips to get your composing neruons to light up? Nowadays, i'm suffering from "composer's block". It's been months since i've made anything remotely acceptable, and i have been trying alittle each day.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 02:18
Very good stuff Jeku mate, the ones I listened to I enjoyed...

Though I do wonder with the Guitar fantasy if there should be a drum loop...I dunno I always think of tunes like that working without one - generally an acoustic guitar working on its own (perhaps with other smoother strings in the back)...but that's me, it may sound quite plain without it.

I love Nancy DrewG, but not insert brain here
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 08:52
Thanks for the good words, guys!

Quote: "very cool! my favorites were Video Game Hero and Where Will My Soul Go"

Thanks Where Will My Soul Go was one of the first I did where I actually impressed my girlfriend of the time.

Quote: "I'm loving the one called The Ocean, very nice work!"

Awesome--- that was done with a 4-track a looong time ago. Of course it's unfinished but still holds a special place in my heart

Quote: "I wish daft Punkish could have been developed more, it was awesome and funky"

I think I tried over a dozen times to make that one full fledged--- sometimes a song just can't be finished. I have probably 20 times more unfinished pieces than finished pieces.

Quote: "Hit The Pavement was also awesome in a weird funky kind of way"

I always pictured Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting running down the street as that one played in the background. The sweeping pad sound was originally recorded from the SkyTrain by my place--- the trains used to have that kind of sound.

Quote: "I liked the broad synth in Sci-Fi Epilogue, but I think the drum beat under it took away from it, it might be more effective if it comes in later with the main riff.
"

Agreed. The ending of that one reminds me a bit of Exit Music by Radiohead--- with the vocal synths all coming together. Of course it's not nearly as good as Radiohead, but oh well

Quote: "May I ask what the bolded track names signify?"

If I remember correct those signify the particular songs that were my favourite at the time I made the site.

Quote: "How much time on average do you spend on a track, start to finish? And do you have any good tips to get your composing neruons to light up? Nowadays, i'm suffering from "composer's block". It's been months since i've made anything remotely acceptable"

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't finished a full song in almost 4 years. There was a period of time where I was finishing about one a week with off-and-on work--- right around the time my ex-gf left me for a gay guy (long story). A lot of the songs on my site were from that era, actually. Can't really offer you advice on how to get over it, because I can't figure it out for myself to start with

Quote: "Though I do wonder with the Guitar fantasy if there should be a drum loop"

Yes, I agree with that 100% actually. I have thought about going back and updating the songs actually, or just doing remixes of them. Guitar Fantasy is one of my best melodies and one of my most proudest achievements--- lame, I know, but true

demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 12:04
I would advise setting yourself a deadline, as it really helps you focus. I had never played a solo before, and a couple of people in my school asked me to play guitar with them for Battle Of The Bands, and we ended up playing Dying In Your Arms by Trivium. Crap song, good solo, but I ended up having to play it, so I knew I had to learn it. If you work well under pressure then sort out some sort of situtation where you HAVE to present a full song to your band at the end of the fortnight or something.

http://jamesmason01.googlepages.com/index.htm
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 16:04
Not lame, because Guitar melodies are pretty awesome once you've written one and well...at the moment that's something I'm struggling with (got lots of riffs, but they don't work together)

I love Nancy DrewG, but not insert brain here
Benji
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 23:23
Very nice Jeku. I love the style, especially Guitar Fantasy. Are you playing an actual guitar or is it synthisized?

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 20:28 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2007 20:29
Sorry but "diamond in the ocean" just reminds me of those rubbish early 90's educational videos

I like "Automation 3000" but dont like that the bass changes

"Broken Lead" is very good and very Moby like. Although I don't like the lower piano that comes in, i think you should've had another instrument come in there and maybe higher pitched.

"Daft Punkish" is cool but needs a melody

"Hit The Pavement" is very EA Sports haha

will listen to the rest later

[edit]
sorry for sounding really critical I did like most of them

"You must be someone's friend to make comments about them." - MySpace lied.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 23:51
Yeesh, if you ever quit your day job and want to get back into indie game dev, don't lose my number lol. Very, very awesome tracks . While I'm not keen on techno, Automation 3000 is really cool. Daft Punkish reminds me of "Rollercoaster," but as interpreted as Jamiroqui, definitely dig it. But my favorite is easily "Bubbles," very much sounds like Thom Yorke was experimenting with some music software hehe. all in all really awesome tracks!

epithika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 02:25
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 09:47
Great, thanks again for the good words

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 03:50
Hey Jeku,

Can I use some of these songs for my Phoenix Sentry contest entry?

Click here to see my showcase.
Doc
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG, thank you Jeku this is some really good stuff

I know you didn't say anything about it, but I just want to make sure. Would you mind if I used some of it in my RPG game?

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. -- GMan
Doc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 08:05 Edited at: 11th Nov 2007 16:15
ignore this post...it was late...

However, since I have this extra space here, I'll take the time to again compliment Jeku on his excellent music

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. -- GMan
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 03:49
Sorry, I would prefer if these were not used in any games as almost all of them have been spoken for already.

Thanks for the good words though

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 04:05 Edited at: 13th Nov 2007 04:13
Dang... Then, I don't have any music to put in my game... Only your music we're the ones I could use. Unless I want to risk being sued for ripping music from a game.

Click here to see my showcase.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:03:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:03:57