Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / play animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 23:23
So I finally started playing around in dbp the other day and am trying out some features I may end up using. One of these is "play animation."

Following the volume 2 text this is my code:

According to the text, this will play the video (res. 640x480) with the top left corner being 0,0 and bottom right being 640,480. My problem is that it does not do this, but instead opens a new window to play the file.

Only thing I found relevant to this is for displaying it fullscreen, which is not what I want.

Do I need to set up a camera or something first?

Thanks in advance
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My problem is that it does not do this, but instead opens a new window to play the file. "

Your program is right.
I do not open NewWindow.

There is the case that NewWindow founds by setting of the OS.
I do not know a cause.
It may be caused by QuickTime.
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 17:50
Well I run XP, and Quicktime is not installed. If this doesn't happen for you, the only thing I can think of is that I had installed the enhancements for viewing the FPSC source code. Anybody know if something in that would be causing this before I do a complete reinstall?
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 21:45
Yeah I thought about trying that. Thanks for the help. If anyone comes up with anything go ahead and post. If I find an easy way to solve I will post it.
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 02:29 Edited at: 21st Oct 2007 04:52
Ok I'm getting a little frustrated now. I used a different codec and set up a plain(plane) and that solved the problem of the Active Movie window loading. Unfortunately, the video doesn't even play now. I get what looks like static on the textured plain(plane). Here's my code. I'm going to try on my other cpu when I get home tonight but what the flip is going on?

Also, I wanted to see if maybe it was only playing one frame, so I added this loop to make the plain rotate and it didn't rotate. Can we rotate 2D objects?

EDIT: Alright sorry about the rant. Turns out I tried it out on my other cpu (which has much better...well, everything) and now it works fine. Without using a plain and everything. Stupid integrated gpu.

Thanks for the help everybody
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Try This code.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 16:07
Well first you guys didn't read my edit. My notebook has an onboard graphics processor. Didn't work in any way, looped or not. On my pc which I built for this kind of stuff, runs it perfectly fine.

Secondly, I don't need to setup a loop as it is a video file. I just have to use LOOP ANIMATION instead of PLAY ANIMATION.

In the end I am reminded again that my notebook sucks.
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 20:11
If I used PLAY ANIMATION TO IMAGE then yes I would need a loop. If I was placing this video on a "wall" let's say and I wanted to be able to see it at a changing angle then this would work.

But my purpose was to just have a 2D animation play in one, static location. LOOP ANIMATION works for this.

Unfortunately there are just some machines that make certain tasks impossible to accomplish. My notebook's gpu is 128 MB, embedded, with no acceleration. There are a lot of games, graphics, etc that just do not work properly on it. I did try PLAY ANIMATION TO IMAGE and all I got was the static similar to what you get when you get no antenna reception on your TV. Non-animated static mind you. I did try it in a loop. Nothing.

Believe me, while I may be new to this language I am not new to hardware, and my notebook just doesn't cut the cake.

Anyways, I say thank you again for the effort in helping me out.
Eevil Weevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 23:19 Edited at: 31st Oct 2007 23:20
Try. This.

Impossible? Anything is impossible. Of course it's impossible, you just have to believe in it.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 04:04
Quote: "My notebook's gpu is 128 MB, embedded, with no acceleration."

That's better than mine - lol!

I have a built-in SiS and it's pants. I assume you've tried already, but mine is a little better if I set the screen rez to 16bit colour depth instead of 32. Or take it one step further down to 800x600x16.

Have you tried that?

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:23:16