Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Anyone for Gang Wars?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 00:59
I'm looking for people to join my gang in gang-wars...

http://www.gang-wars.com

If you've never seen it, it's a text based site, you wage war against around 35,000 gangsters, and each war lasts one month. You can be a Thug, a Pimp or a dealer, or have a small collection of gangsters if you like. The idea is to be the most powerful gang, or individual gangster.

It's good!!!

Have a look, and if you're interested get in touch. You can join for free for a month, or renew a freebie membership every month. For $5 you can join for life and get extra points to spend at the beginning of every round. For $10, you can register 3 characters for life.

Did I say...it's good!!!

You've got a good couple of weeks to think about it before the July round starts.
Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 05:38 Edited at: 13th Jun 2003 05:39
good concept on the simulation game, by the sound of it, it sure is to raise interest to ppl who luv games like GTA syndicate style

Before anyone gonna flame this:

ITS A SIMULATION GAME, NOT LIKE THE AL-QAEDA TOPIC. ITS SUPPOSE TO BE A FUN GAME, SO PLEASE SUPPORT IT, NOT FLAME THIS PLACE (as always). ITS TEXT-BASED, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

(just helping u stevievee, u know how it may turn the other way around in this forum)

i'll join in later (after i read it out), it should be good to improve my business on the streets nowada.. wtf did i just said??

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 10:23
Sounds a lot like Drug Wars from years ago. That was really fun. Imagine the trading elements of Elite, but take away any graphics, and substitute drugs for cargo. And add some random violence. Was quite a random game in the end (quite a bit of luck involved) but was seriously cool and addictive as pants.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 10:51
Cool - yes
Addictive - oh yes
Random - not really

There is a random element to the skills points you attain from trading your turns, and the cash you earn.

In the main, it's HUGELY skills and tactics based. Peoples tactics vary hugely, which makes it very interesting. You can find half way through the month that you made a mess right from the beginning. Hopefully my 3 or 4 months experience will help whoever joins me not to make the mistakes I did.

Thanks Solidz for the support

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 11:19
did u guys play a card game called "grass" it was based around growing pot and securing 200 grand in things like prostitution and so forth.

was a lot of fun and came in a hession/hemp baggy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:40:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:40:01