Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / moving rotated objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 06:56
OK well i have my character model that im using as a character in my adventure and it has an animated walking thing and all. Now i wrote up some code so the camera would follow me and it worked fine with the sphere i was using, so i decide to load my model up and see how it looked.

It worked when I first loaded the character, it moved around and did everything it was suppost to, but i didnt rotate it, so it was on its back.

It was playing the animation though, I then roated it by saying "xrotate object 2, 270." It was positioned on its feet, but when i tried to move the thing, it didnt go anywhere. I could still turn it and all, but when it was rotated it didnt move forward!

I thought i did somthin wronge so i checked it, double checked it, and it didnt work so i took out the rotate and it did work. Is this a DBP bug? Thanks for reading this, I bet it was really boring.
~haXor
Sup Kids
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 10:54
I think it has something to do with resetting the normals, but I've never done so check the help text around this area.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 11:11
rotate object : then fix object pivot prior to your main loop if this is what your referring to when you say that it was lying down.

alternatively to that is to re export out of your 3d package the correct way for db.

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 06:13
i tryed putting in the fix object pivot after positioning it and before the main loop but when i did the model just disapeared and was no where to be found. what do I do? Thanks
~haXor

Sup Kids
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 07:24
ok I got it, i just messed around with my 3rd person camera and got it to revers the image. thanks to all that helped
~haXor

Sup Kids

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:40:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:40:16