Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Extended License cost

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 19:17 Edited at: 27th Dec 2007 19:20
I'm sure some have to agree... but doesn't it seem like "The best thing to come along in indie developement, FPSX10!"
has done nothing but got several banished and torn us apart over this silly debate. As for where I stand... I stand on my own ground. I can't say I favor 1 or the 2 standpoints. If I had the program I would sale my games through my own site seeing how I know I prob. would get face slapped by some company like Activision or Microsoft Studios. It's not so hard to do so. Look around on the net and set up a sit e that allows you to set up a pay system through paypal or something. And TGC knows that there will be some like Wetham or Butters that will choose and have a oppertunity to get their name out through a publisher... so that's why they do so. As I see it, I just would stop complaining and face reality. Rick and Lee have to feed themselves and their families to you know.

And mods I hope you've found no reason to ban me. I just wanted to say something. I do not protest in any fashion.

Thanks

Astek

Second Chairman of COZ's Productions.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 22:04
What i want to know is if i'm going to sell the game on eBay, will i still need a license? I don't want to spend worthless money on a stupid license

I'm gonna be so annoyed if this is a yes...

Vista Home Premium; nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX10-ready; Pixel Shader 3.0; Intel Pentium 2 Dual Core with Intel Viiv; 320GB HDD; AGEIA PhysX engine plug-in
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 22:08
Sorry, I should have put this in previous post...

If this has to have a license, thats it. I'll just use Game Maker. Probably that won't need a silly £500 license fee to distribute. I wish I noticed this before buying it, then i may have changed my mind. Actually, trials won't need licenses, will they?

Vista Home Premium; nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX10-ready; Pixel Shader 3.0; Intel Pentium 2 Dual Core with Intel Viiv; 320GB HDD; AGEIA PhysX engine plug-in
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 23:04
If you actually read all of the posts in this thread you will see the license has changed.You don't have to give TGC anything unless you make more than $5000 off of it.If you make more than that you should be happy to give TGC their cut.It's a drop in the bucket compared to the $5000.

To whom it may concern...
The first person to make $5000 off of an x10 game will get a free model pack of their choice courtesy of Yours Truly.That's right.I will purchase the pack of your choice and give it to you.
Whether you want it for yourself or to give it to someone who did not make $5000 and that you think desrves it is up to you.
I'm sick of all this yappin'.I want to see the Game of the Year or whatever.
If the $5000 and the model pack aren't enough incentive...remember bragging rights.You can run around and tell everybody you were the first.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Perdition
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 07:51
Whats the dif betwen: net, vat, and gross licenses?

[center]
<< Please review my posts aswell >>
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 14:54 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 14:55
Perdition, net is the amount cost of the license, while vat is the cost of extra payment, and gross is the total money required (i think).

First Companmny Veteran

Me like pancake
Years of Service
User Offline
Im just saying, after you exceed 5,000 $ selling your games, THEN you are required to buy a license, it says when you are about to order x10

Melikepancake
noobyshot
Years of Service
User Offline
so what the borderline between indie / commercial

for noobs everywhere!
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 20:05
Quote: "so what the borderline between indie / commercial"
the licence has changed, dude read what the later posts were.

in the immortal words of cheeshead you are a forum ruiner guy!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 08:35 Edited at: 15th Feb 2008 09:25
Quote: "The first person to make $5000 off of an x10 game will get a free model pack of their choice courtesy of Yours Truly.That's right.I will purchase the pack of your choice and give it to you."

Hey Fred,
Does that offer include FPSC v1.xx also?

Quote: "I'm sick of all this yappin'.I want to see the Game of the Year or whatever."

Ok,

I've got about all the packs I can use right now Fred, but can I subsitute my prize for a grilled doughnut?
I love betting for doughnuts! (I won a '$10 to a doughnut' bet the other day, really, but I still have yet to collect that doughnut)

Heck, if you make that pack a doughnut, I might release my game early.

mmmmm...doughnuts.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 17:39
Fine with me.I love doughnuts...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2008 19:09
The new license sounds fair to me .

smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
just to check do you need a cermerchial licence to sell a game that you have made on your own website, and if i was to sell other peoples games on my website would that mean i am a publisher therfore meaning they needed a comerical license (could you bend the rules e.g. myself buying 20 copies of a game made by some one and seling them on my website)

im sorry if you think what i have asked has been answerd but i am dyslexic and find user agrements and such hard to understand completly as words arnt my strong point.

thanks in advance

when the world seems to be against you it always helps to smile
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 12:42
Quote: "Hey Fred,
Does that offer include FPSC v1.xx also? "

If so, my Team is already the winner

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 06:25 Edited at: 28th Aug 2008 06:26
I purchased X10 and I'm sure I can make some nice bucks off of it
elsewhere if no here. Of coarse I'm not going to blind you with bloom
and a million enemies and call it a game either.
And of coarse I'll cut TGC a break if I hit $5,000
(if that could ever happen).

Astek

-Indestructible-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 10:00:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 10:00:50