Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / camera rotation around a fixed object -help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
title pretty much says it all, i'm trying to get my camera to rotate around an object (sphere) but i was hoping that there was an easy way to do this and i cant seem to figure it out. I was trying to move the camera based on the mouse, for example click and drag and it will rotate around the sphere, so far all it seems to want to do for me is just click and drag and then pan around the scene. Are there any commands that will help me in this endevour? any sort of pivot on an object or what? thanks for any suggestions on where to start.

badgering since 1986
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 20:36 Edited at: 19th Nov 2007 20:43
Here goes:

Not sure how to make the mouseclick() = 1 zoom in yet, you may have to use the main rotate code twice for each mouseclick, I'll try it and see.

EDIT - Yeah, thought so. Here's an updated bit of code, you can now rotate around the object with the right mouse button and zoom in with the left.

revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 14:44
or you could do it this way

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:24:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:24:33