Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help anyone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok im tryin to make an RPG game as part of my college project and we have basically been given dark basic and no help and they have sed go make a game.... could anyone help me out with gettin my character to jump properly and smoothly? cos so far he jumps but not very high i would post the coding but i am at home so i cannot however it was a tutorial from here ill post either a link or the code when i get to college on monday but if anyone has something that works well please let me kno... so far i generate the random matrix character moves and i have objects firing out as spells etc... would like any help that is given whether it helps or not it will help me at some point thanks in advance even if what u give me is simply the concept i can adapt it cos i do sort of kno how to program but any help much appreciated

Attempting to grasp DBPro
MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 20:52 Edited at: 25th Nov 2007 20:52
Could you possibly... rewrite all that in some punctuated form?

In the meantime: too damn vague. Please give us some more specific details. Heck, give us the code so we have some idea of what we're dealing with. Or better, start your own from scratch and people will help guide you as you go.

Oh, and search the forum for "rpg", "tutorial", etc. You should turn up a bunch of results for that.

EBA; FUI; Mario Land Ripoff.
Every time you post a joke in the form of code, mace yourself.
Traks
Years of Service
User Offline
i have done that as for the punctuation sorry about that always was my downfall in english basically i was just looking for some help with getting some jumping that works, so far all i have is a piece of code that jumps the character but not high enough and there isnt a method for increasing the height. this is what i need mostly the rest i can do myself, i have already got most of it done as i said

PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
show us the jump code

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
Traks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 10:10 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 10:25

i have changed one section of the code and it works now the code i got from the tutorial was incorrect the jumping*SIN should have been jumpheight*SIN sorted now cheers anyway guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:28:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:28:25