Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / follow camera problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 07:14
ive been struggling with the camera for several hours now and have had no progress..
im attempting to have a 3rd person view with a follow camera.. but still alow mouse look..
i used set camera position to get behind the player, and point camera to point it at the player.. but when i try to use any of the various commands that move the camera (rotate camera on axis, pitch camera up, etc) it ignores it.. or moves it back to the origional position after the loop occurs (causing a jerky effect) i even tried plugging variables into my "point camera" but it doesnt do anything.. aand.. i tried out the SET CAMERA TO FOLLOW.. it just ignores any other camera position changes i try to use..
any ideas?...
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 15:22
hmmmm... i don't know if this will work but try something like...

SET CAMERA TO FOLLOW X#, Y2#,Z#,AngleY#+(mousex()/6),50,Y2#+(Mousey()/6),20,1

well... i havn't tested it yet but i think it might get the effect you want... it uses mousex() and mousey() to find the x and y position of the mouse... well... i hope this helps and good luck with your game...

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 11:52:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 11:52:13