Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Rotation Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 23:06 Edited at: 27th Nov 2007 23:10
Hi, I'm afraid I have another problem/bug with my code, nothing too serious but it needs attention.

Problem - I have some car turning code. When I turn the car going forwards it's fine, and the same is with going backwards, the problem is when I travel forwards, turn, then I go backwards, when I turn, it will instantly rotate the car up to 180 degrees for some reason. Sorry if that didn't make much sense.

Increase Turning Variable Code -

Car Rotation Code -

EDIT - That was weird, I looked at my code when I posted it and realised that the -RotationY bit looked dodgy, do I removed the minus sign and it works now. Sorry about that guys, I do have another problem though with rotation, I'll use another post for it though.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 23:15 Edited at: 27th Nov 2007 23:15
Ok, here's yet another problem, probably quite easy to solve, but I don't get it.

Problem - My gun is attached to the firespot bone of the player, which of course is at the hands. The problem is that it will not rotate accordingly to the firespot bone, just maintain the right position. The dummy object is just to point the firespot bone towards the target, I'm not sure if that is part of the problem or not.

Code -

Thanks a lot for any help guys. I appreciate these forums alot.

aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 02:13
im a bit confused, are you saying that it doesn't rotate around the arm with the hand? Are you saying it doesn't rotate the right way?

alus.portbb.com go there.
Quote: A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes -zenicanin14 the stupidest user in the world
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 00:33
Sorry I haven't answered this thread in a while, I haven't had the internet. I sorted the problem out, I just didn't realise that it won't rotate accordingly to the limb, I ended up just rotating it to the player object's y angle, worked perfectly.

Thanks anyway

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:29:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:29:44