Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Running sort of slow on vista.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 01:12
Heyz,

I'm running Dark GDK on a vista computer, and it seems to be running a little slow (especially with 3d)... i don't know if this computer has dx10 or not... is that a default with vista computers?... doesn't seem like i could have dx10 running on a integrated graphics card...but i don't really know. if it does it seems like that could be the problem (trying to emulate dx9).

i know i have the dx9 SDK, but should i also download dx9.0c to improve the speed my programs run at?

thanks for any help!
--Peter

One man, one lawnmower, plenty of angry groundhogs.
RPDan
Years of Service
User Offline
DX10 will only work if your graphics card is DX10 compatible. If you have the geforce 8 series (sounds like you don't), they are compatible. Most other graphics cards aren't. I know there are some ATIs that do DX10, though. But DarkGDK is DX9 anyway.
Crimson X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 01:54
I have Vista as well, and things run slower. But it is no fault of Dark GDK. Its a problem with Vista and directX 9.0. I have a geforce 8800 and still only average 60fps in Counter Strike: Source :-(

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 20:25:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 20:25:03