Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Hero Battles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 12:35
some time ago I started a new project called hero battles. the project is now at the stage where a demo is available. I encourage prospective downloaders to view the online manual before downloading the game as to get an idea how it plays. Do not attempt to run the program unless you have a system with 500 mb memory and a graphics card with atleast 128mb [memory checking is not enabled at this point.

if you like what you see you can download the demo here suggestions and comments are ofcourse welcome

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 13:39
500Mb RAM or on the Hard Disk?

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 14:39
RAM Mr. Tank
it it can run with 250 if you dont take to many players, but it would be a little slow

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 15:40
Looks really interesting, but the download seems to be broken.. at least my computer told me, that the file is damaged and can't be opened. (Usually there is no problem with opening zip-files)

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 15:49 Edited at: 1st Dec 2007 15:04
edited -> you may download the files now without worry
from links on the site now.

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 18:04
I tried downloading it again, and there's still the same error. Winrar tells me that there'n an unexpected file-ending or so. The archive just contains one exe-file and is 4.8mb big.. You could upload it somewhere else or at least host a video on youtube.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 19:52 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2007 07:34
I am a little ahead of you on that , heres the new download link :
www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/701122_pzby3/hbDEMO.zip

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
I played for 4 rounds before it forced me to buy or quit. Simply put, this game is too slow-paced to enjoy. Even something as simple as moving into attack range takes too much time. The concept is great, but the execution...

Maybe you could try a smaller map, faster movement, and quicker attack animations.

I'm looking forward to an updated version of Hero Battles; it could have a lot of replay value.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 03:08 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2007 03:12
the problem your experiancing is because all players are placed on oppisite sides of the map - for example, players 1 & 2 are on oppiste sides. This is mainly done to suppport 8 players on the map. So in short I recoment that you setup players 1 & 6 and then you will be very close to your oponent as the map size was designed to support 8 human and/or pc players. Execution speed of animations is limited by your processor speed and graphics card. [ I am running it on a pc with dual 3.6 processor, 1 gig RAM and a 256MB graphics card so it runs quite fast here]
I do intend to release an updated version that will allow more rounds and features in a few days and update the online manual to include the starting positions of each player on the map. If your playing an all out game with 8 players or player vs pc mode , the map is the perfect size and it will take about 1-3 rounds to get your characters set up in the position you want. If you want a good first strike on opponents I suggest using the grey walker as a major hero as it has the longest range when using special attacks in the game. I also suggest using more than one team - just because your the only one playing doesn't mean that you have to only take one team !
---edited to add that I also suggest trying it with the earthquakes on - this makes things a lot more interesting !

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you could scale the map based on number of players? Or you could even let the user choose map size.

Quote: "Execution speed of animations is limited by your processor speed and graphics card."

Yeah, my computer's not the best. It'd be cool if you made the attack speeds independent of FPS.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 05:08 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2007 05:21
Quote: "Or you could even let the user choose map size"

hmmm, this sounds like a good idea.
Quote: "cool if you made the attack speeds independent of FPS"

may I have the processor speed of your pc, Ram and video card ?
I'll put making animations a little faster on the todo list for sure -

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 07:33
@jimpo
I believe that this update will be more to your liking
www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/701122_pzby3/hbDEMO.zip

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "may I have the processor speed of your pc, Ram and video card ?"

3GHz, 512MB RAM, 128MB Video

I downloaded the new version, and it was great. I played with 4 teams and earthquakes on, and I won in 7 rounds. The game moved much quicker, even with twice the number of teams. Do you have any other updates planned?

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 20:14
yes.
-in this version , animation sequences are not done for all characters this will be finished.
-ai is not quite perfected for some of the underling characters.
-decreasing the number of playable rounds for the demo to 6 in place of 7
-a game setup editor that will allow for setup of up to 16 players in which the players can choose any characters they want and as many characters as they want for each team. This will support up to 105 or so charaters on the map at once (the editor will make it possible to have 90 robots,dragons , or whatever for your team while giving the pc team puny underlings )
- There is also room for a few more characters so it is possible that I might add a couple more (?)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:27:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:27:52