Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Automatic collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 15:40 Edited at: 1st Dec 2007 21:20
I know that automatic collision workes in radius (sphere). But does it work with rectangular box ?

By that I do not mean sphere collision in the middle of the box but a box shape collision that covers the hole box.

Thanks for your time
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 18:05
Is this what you are looking for?

Quote: "
MAKE OBJECT COLLISION BOX

This command will make an object use box collision. If a value of zero is specified for the flag value, the box will be deemed to be a
non-rotating box and able to generate sliding collision data using the GET OBJECT COLLISION X, Y and Z expressions. If the flag value is
one, the box is deemed to be a rotated-box and will provide more accurate collision feedback as the object rotates. Be aware that the
collision box you create is affected by the subsequent scaling of the object, and that when the object is rotated the fixed collision box
orientation remains unrotated to aid in the effect of sliding collision.

Syntax

MAKE OBJECT COLLISION BOX Object Number, X1, Y1, Z1, X2, Y2, Z2, Collision Flag
"

"Ok, so that wasn't funny. I don' have any good Christmas jokes."
stjerna
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 21:47
Thanks for reply, but it wasn't what I was looking for even though it does the job

Found "set object collision to boxes" usedfull.

Again thanks for your time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:27:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:27:16