Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Little vid showing fpsc x10 running on a geforce 512mb gt (oc)

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 12:58 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2007 13:01
Heres a vid running in test mode on a geforce 8600gt(oc)and running fraps as well.

The reason I used Fraps as it slows down the apps your recording so you can see how fast fpsc x10 does run even with fraps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsYBJ03Kfog

test machine computer specs :

Intel dual 3.6 cpu
8600gt(oc) 512mb graphics card
2gb memory and 2 gb Readyboost
Soundblaster audigy 2 sound card

Best s4
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 13:03
Cool. I would like to see an actual level this time. And I'm not just saying something like a level with just 2 rooms in it.

http://www.freewebs.com/snipedupstudios/index.htm

VISIT IT!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 16:57
Intresting, it runs pretty smooth for a mid range card, did you disable alot of effects?
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 21:58
doesn't FPS Creator x10 have a video recorder? But still, I understand why you ran FRAPS.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 22:21
Yeah, what was wrong with the bodies? They just seemed to... fade into nothing while standing up.

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 22:52
Quote: "Yeah, what was wrong with the bodies? They just seemed to... fade into nothing while standing up."

TGC did that to get a 12+ rating. Users can download the "gore" pack that includes blood and ragdolls.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 03:41
kinda sad how they are skirting around the ratings like this.

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks pretty cool and trippy.Thanks for showing us sad folks what were missing

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 07:40
@Slayer222

they aren't "Skirting" around anything, they removed those features to make the product more appealing to younger users, they are providing the gore pack to the more mature users on these forums as an update.

http://www.seqoiagames.com
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:34
Quote: "kinda sad how they are skirting around the ratings like this."

Kind of a sad comment. You don't think they should go for the bigger audience while still providing the higher rated content to the developer?

Best.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:44
Its just seems silly IMO, whats the point in leaving those features out if you can just download them? FPSC was rated 12+ and up before and that was fine with me.
Quote: "Kind of a sad comment. You don't think they should go for the bigger audience while still providing the higher rated content to the developer?"
No, I don't think they should dodge ratings like that. In UT2004 you could turn off blood, gore and swearing but it still got slapped with an M rating. BTW I didn't ask for either of your opinions on my comment, you both are biased and obviously wouldn't say a bad word against TGC. I wouldn't care so much except for this tactic seems too... cheap.
*Slayer_2

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 00:37 Edited at: 5th Dec 2007 00:39
Edit:
s4real,
How much did you pay for your graphics card and where did you get it?

Quote: "Its just seems silly IMO, whats the point in leaving those features out if you can just download them?"

Because TGC is going for a T (teen) ESRB rating not a M (mature),or,even worse,an AO (adults only) rating...apparently death is okay as long as the death scene is not too realistic (showing a smiley face ,when someone is killed is fine but them exploding in a mixture of blood,goo,etc. is not).
You have to remember that politicians are trying to put pressure on the ESRB...you know how that goes...
Leaving the content in-engine/in-game would be useless as per the hot coffee scandal some hacker would be able to unlock it.
So the ESRB still rates the content even if it is initially unavailable to the player.
If the content is an add on the ESRB (nor any other organization) can't do squat about it.It's just like a third party add-on and TGC does not have to do the ESRB thing with it.
If TGC can get a T rating on this from the ESRB you can expect sales to go through the roof...I know quite a few people who would buy this if they saw it on the store shelves.
I will point out also from a parent's perspective that I would let a youner child play with x10 the way it is but not after the download so as a parent I appreciate any opportunity I would have to control what my children can and can't play with.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 01:15 Edited at: 5th Dec 2007 01:20
Nice, but why is there only one dummy walking around and all the rest are just standing there?
Please, tell me that more than 2 enemies can move at the same time.
How will the card act when those enemies are all put into motion?
Anyway, thanks for the info and the video. This does help the 8600 folks.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 01:21
Quote: "Nice, but why is there only one dummy walking around and all the rest are just standing there?
Please, tell me that more than 2 enemies can move at the same time.
I mean what is the point of 50 enemies if they just stand still?
How will the card act when those enemies are all put into motion?"

Is the same old problem still there, only 2 people doing stuff and and the rest stood around, though in dx9 you can get round that by switching the always on in the physics.
I want to see if dx10 works, show me lots of enemies doing stuff at the same time.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 01:30 Edited at: 5th Dec 2007 01:31
Check out his other thread, which has his other videos. (or check them all out on utube)

His other video shows active enemies and allies in a decent battle. (rooms full)
I saw it right after I made the post above.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 19:11 Edited at: 5th Dec 2007 19:14
@s4real,

Are you satisfied with the performace of the Video card? Would you recommend it? I don't know if I want to spend the extra 150-200 for the 8800.

Slayer222,

My bad. I forgot where I was again.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Xplosys and Fred p : Im very happy with this card I can have 70 chars in a room and runs very well, the good thing is the 8600 gt is very low watts in power and use the same fan's as the gts version so can be overclocked a lot.

The card im using is a sparkle geforce 8600gt 512mb and cost only £70 thats about $115 from ebay.

Im also using readyboost feature in vista as well.

best s4
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 20:31
Thanks.When I get ready to upgrade the 8600 is going to be my choice.Well...the 8800 is my choice but the 8600 is what I am going to get.I was wondering because I already knew the 8400 sucked and the 8500 was really iffy.But if you can do this with the 8600 then I am sure it will work for my needs.Any graphics card would be an improvement over the crap I have now.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:38:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:38:01