Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Gronda Gronda

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 01:13
Hey sonic,
what's up with that "granda granda" sig of yours?
lol
---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 01:15
It's Gronda and it's from some TV show where almost all the words were anagrams of Dragon.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 01:26
Mouse is correct, It's a phrase from a classic UK show called 'the adventure game' which I remember as being really good when I was young but recently saw some old episodes on satellite TV and couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was.

Anyone remember the vortex!

Gronda, Gronda
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 01:27
oh!
i'm from u.s. so i wouldn't know

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 01:37
I've never seen the show in my life, I just overheard you say that

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 01:47
Yep. Thought it was the best thing ever at the time. That and Space 1999. Both are pretty terrible when you watch them again.

Was a sort of Crystal Maze, except good. Well, at the time... The invisible beast on the Vortex was pretty lame if I remember rightly. Even at the time it seemed too lucky to win.

Wasn't it also exactly the same every damn week? Was basically like Power Rangers, except the monster didn't become huge, and there were no cute birds with a nice set.

Was quite good though how each week people could be left behind to rot (or be blown up, can't remember) on the planet. Nice happy ending there for the kiddies.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 14:29
Hmm does anybody remember "Knightmare"? Similar show I imagine.

"Was basically like Power Rangers, except there were no cute birds with a nice set." - lol Mmmm Yellow and Pink Rangers....

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 14:32
*remembered the first Pink Ranger..

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 14:58 Edited at: 18th Jun 2003 15:00
Yes, I remember Knightmare... Never really liked it that much...
Technically very clever, but the infighting between the helpers get irritating. I'm surprised none of the adventurers got fed up, took off the helmet and walked out of the studio.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 22:24
Yes they had a lot of characters trying a bit too hard Cool effects tho. I think the reason the kids didn't walk out was because they wanted to win the huge 'prize' of a book token and board game lol

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 22:33
lol... i liked Knightmare, always wondered why they only picked idiots to be on it though
(Bitter memories of never getting on to play come flooding back... WWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!)
The game on the Amiga was cool, like Abandoned Places - only i'd take 3 steps and die ... i always thought that was a cruely hard game

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason
Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 22:44
hehehe i just noticed ...Raven has possibly the coolest sig ever look at that little dude go!

The man with no sig
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 23:46
raven, that dancin' sig dude of yours scares me!

---Mattman
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 00:43
1: YES the Amiga game was rock hard
2: YES the lil dancin dude rocks

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 01:35
Knightmare was really crap. Both program and game. Yuck. Spell casting "C-R-A-P". Hated it. Ever see one of the episodes where they actually won? Crap. And they were all morons.

Cheers

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 01:50
Knightmare was ok. Watched an old episode the other day (SKY show a lot of these old programs on 'challenge' channel). These kids got all the way to the end and because they forgot to ask one question they walked through a door and died instantly! They were gutted.

Gronda, Gronda
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 02:02
Yeah, was rubbish. One wrong move and you were toast. Out of interest the one winning episode I saw had them all walking off into the sunset. Crap. Blink and you missed it too, after about 4 episodes.

Cheers

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 02:20
The Adventure Game!

I used to watch it religously! It was on Challenge the other week, and my 6 year old son watched it...he just didn't get it because it was so cheap and weak.

Am I right in thinking the King was a cheese plant?

And yes, the games were always the same. The contestants obviously never watched telly, or they would breeze through it. I have just one thing to say (other than Gronda Gronda, your highness) and that's...Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Evil Noodle
Years of Service
User Offline
speaking of challenge tv ,have youse seen 'Takeshes Castle' that program is soo funny. They just throw themselves at anything.

T.A.F.K.A.C.M.O.T.D
The Artist Formally Known As Cut_Me_Own_Throat_Dibbler
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 02:39
Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain : Ah yes, this is a clue as how to calculate the value of a 'drogna'. Multiply number of sides of shape by position of colour in ROYGBIV. So an orange square is 2 * 4 = 8

For the complete experience: http://www.joolsweb.co.uk/tag

Gronda, Gronda
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 04:09
Raven's sig character is dancing the Gronda Gronda

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 06:13
Er... may I ask what kind of sick kid's show forces real life kids to answer questions, and if they do them wrong, they get gutted? I knew we were so low as to have Icons of Idiocy like Spongebob, but I didn't know there were huge amounts of gore and life risks already...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 06:32
So, Raven's old sig makes a return, and he brought an avitar friend too.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 02:31:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 02:31:57