Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Real Estate Magnate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 04:06 Edited at: 16th Jan 2008 23:14
I was just writing back to Inspire and grabbed a link for him to check out... here's the link in case anyone is interested in learning more about trademarks and establishing yourself legally without needing one. Anyway, the first question there was asked by someone named "Aaron Miller." Could this be Aaron Miller from the TGC forums? Small world, hehe.

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 04:56 Edited at: 16th Jan 2008 16:19
Am I going blind or is there no link?

Thanks BiggAdd!
common people are walking in line.
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no link.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 07:00
How very much like Matt...

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 16:03
Wow, that's really impressive. 20 People... I looked at your site, and was surprised to see pod 9 was one of the finished games. When did you make it? Was that game from before the was a MISoft Studios?

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 17:24
"the was a MISoft Studios?"

Don't post when you're doing one of your Dream-trips, Bizar .

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Pod9 was before I was around at MISoft, but it indeed was released when MISoft existed. Pod9 was basically a test run for FPSC from what I understand, to test its validity at creating a commercial product. Pod9 is however, free for a reason It's not the best example of an FPS, but our upcoming releases will have a more professional air about them. Project Sewer Rat (an FPS) being one of them.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 18:33
kk, thanks Dink.

And rami, get off my back. It's hard enough to stand strait without you there.

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 21:25 Edited at: 16th Jan 2008 21:26
Still reading Matt's email, but here's the link he forgot to post.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2166.asp

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 23:11 Edited at: 16th Jan 2008 23:19
lol thanks Inspire, completely forgot to go back and add the URL tages hehe, I'll do an edit now

Edit: Fixed the link... forgot the [*/url] at the end . Leave me alone lol, I've been sick the past few days!

Also, our website is ugly right now... I made it myself and I'm anything if not the worst artist on TGC, lol. In the very near future we'll be launching "MINet 2.0," our overhauled website. It's about 9500% prettier and with proper coding, thanks to Agent Dink and Rami . Expect an announcement in Geek Culture pretty soon.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 04:44
We're getting there. Adam is nearly done with everything and personally, I think he did a great job . Just doing some wallpapers, now .

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Well thanks Rami I really hope everyone likes the site at least as much as you do! I few small ends to tie up... Actually me and Matt were just discussing the launch date We have a nice little surprise in store for that day.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 08:51
sorry for a slight tangent here but i'm curious about the connection between MISoft Studios and the regularly-spamming "San Angelo Games" guy, The Samurai? i just came from his so-called website to look for a way to, well, return the favor he so generously offers, and found MISoft in the "affiliates" section.

otherwise, this project is really coming together nicely. keep up the good work.

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 15:03
I think most TGC developers are connected through what was and might be the TGC Webring.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 19:21
He's spamming? Where? I didn't realize he was doing that. I liked the concept of his website, although it hadn't really gained enough momentum to stay aloft. I explained the benefits of SMF and gave him some pointers and he made me a mod there, but I never really had time to contribute much beyond that. He's a good kid though, I haven't seen the spam in question but I'd assume he didn't mean harm with it. But then, I guess, no one really does, hehe. At any rate, I'll explain to him not to do that anymore.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 19:56
This game isn't dead or anything, we had a few setbacks and REM's development was slowed down as a result. Have no fear, our best programmers are working on this game right now. Translation: Matt doesn't have to program anymore, lol. I'm keeping this thread alive as we should have some new screens available in the not too distant future

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
There will be an REM website in the not so distant future. I'm working on finishing up some of the layout process. Maybe even have it ready later this week? Hopefully! I have tomorrow off work so there's a good chance it could be ready as soon as tomorrow night if I keep at it!

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 23:42
Heh... every time I see REM I think the band. Good to see this isn't dead. Not that I expected it to die.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 00:31
Quote: "Heh... every time I see REM I think the band"

So I'm not the only one!

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 02:24
Looks cool

There is a spelling mistake on the 2nd screenshot, "satistic", but you already prolly noticed
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 07:08
No, Chenak, that word was "Matt Rockified". It's exactly right now.

Can't wait!

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually... oops that's my fault! See what happens when you use slaves? We mess up with all the exhaustion. I dunno if I fixed that or not. I'll have to check! Thanks for pointing it out Chenak.

How embarrassing!

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 20:37
It's actually my fault, too tired to use my whip from all the relentless design work on EE2 and constantly scrapping level 11 of Project Sewer Rat, lol.

For those of you keeping score, here's where we stand on all four of our projects that are (hopefully) due out this year:

REM: 80% to 90% finished, not counting all of our alpha and beta testing and fixing all the coding errors that came from my end

Project Sewer Rat: 60%-ish, almost ready for a WIP thread and website, might hold off on that though until my basement warms up a bit and Dink solves the rat infestation problem down there (loving the inside jokes!)

Capital Punishment: 95% finished, just waiting on a few more caricatures and a handful of new arenas to keep things interesting. Should be released July 4th 2008

Project Starving Fox: only about 5% finished, but by far and large the easiest game to produce out of the four... and arguably the coolest . Once we wrap production on REM and Sewer Rat, there should be a WIP thread and maybe a small website. Also, it might be the first game we accept pre-orders on, it's at least something we've talked about. We're that sure it's awesome, hehe.

And for you EE fans out there, EE2's design phase is about 85% to 90% finished, and development will begin pretty soon. The EESL (our custom-built scripting language) is mostly done, just working out some kinks. And with recent additions to our programming staff, we're hoping to see a major boost in development to all of our titles across the board . Exciting times, I might be wrong but if we pull this off, we'll have released more commercial games in one year than anyone in TGC history. It's a start, hehe.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 21:46
As long as the quality of those games is consistent, as I'd expect from MISoft, you can be proud of that, Matt!

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 22:05
<Applauds>

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 02:18
Quote: "we'll have released more commercial games in one year than anyone in TGC history. It's a start, hehe."

I hope for your sake commander!

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 04:38
Well REM has now launched it's website

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:32:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:32:19