Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / CAMERA COMMANDS DON'T EFFECT VIEWPORT

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The camera seems to be a bit flaky. Is there a secret to making it work correctly. Right now the move and rotate camera commands return data that indicate they are working, but the view does not update...I've tried setting the current camera command, creating new cameras, etc.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 07:56
did you try a sync command in your main loop.

a code snippet would tell a lot more about your methods

mike pauza
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I got a sync command in there.

I was having trouble with varables accepting data like I thought they should. Can that interfere with the 3D? For example, I had a variable named X2# that would not take a float value...it's value was always 0. Is the "2" in that variable legal? Could I have a memory leak or something?

Thanks for any help you can offer. -Mike

mike pauza
Years of Service
User Offline
Also...adding values in the X direction makes stuff "go up", and adding values values in the Z direction makes stuff "go down". I'm brand new to DBPro, but that's freaky isn't it? Shouldn't they be orthogonal to one another???

mike pauza
Years of Service
User Offline
AH HA!!!

"AUTOCAM OFF" fixes all my problems.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 19:07
ya, that was my prob 2

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 19:47
ok, the x z thing, here is a quick explanation.

Imagine that you are playing an FPS game. If you strafe to the left, you are decreasing your x value, to the right increasing your x value.
If you jump straight up in the air, you are increasing the y value, falling down decreases the y value.
now, if you are moving forwards, you are increasing your z value, backwards decreasing it.

so:
x=width
y=height
z=depth

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 11:39:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 11:39:51