Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newbie 3D Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 07:28
Ok, i am extremely new to 3D programming, i am making a 2D/3D game, but all i want to do is make a textured cylinder spin towards the screen, and with the cull off so when it hits the camera you can see the texture on the walls from inside, but whenever i try and position it, it does not appear on screen. I tried locking, disabling zdepth, adn so forth. can anyone help me with a quick snippet, psuedo code or hard code.
thanks
-ViD-
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 16:16 Edited at: 18th Jun 2003 16:21
heres a bit that brings up a textured cylinder until you are inside it and then allows you to look around....

sync rate 0: sync on
autocam off
load image "picture.bmp",1
position camera 1000,1000,1000
point camera 0,0,0
make object cylinder 1,30
texture object 1,1
set object 1,1,1,0
point object 1,camera position x(),camera position y(),camera position z()
for i=0 to 344
move object 1,5
sync
next i
do
if upkey() then pitch camera up 1
if downkey() then pitch camera down 1
if leftkey() then turn camera left 1
if rightkey() then turn camera right 1
sync
loop

hope thats some help, cheers.

Mentor.

Ps: if you made your cylinder too small initialy, (like a size of one) and it was a long way away at the beginning then you may not be able to see it until you got very close to it, you have to be looking in the right direction and the object has to be close enough for everything to work out and the object to be visible, you get used to it, like when you lose an object under a matrix and wonder why it hasn`t loaded

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 11:41:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 11:41:24