Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / My own take on Zelda

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 06:08
Hello!
I decided to try my hand at playing one of the greatest game themes out there. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this thread. Mods I apologize if I've been a total idiot.

Tell me what you think! Criticism is most welcome.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 11:40
Quote: "I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this thread."

No, I have notified the police. Just stay calm and don't resist arrest and hopefully noone will get hurt.

As for the track. I'm not good at giving criticism as i know little music theory, but it sounded great to me. It just needs to be a little longer IMO. You could always try to incorporate different Zelda tunes so it wouldn't become repetitive. It was starting to get somewhat repetitive near the end. Overall it was good.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to get your balances so that the melody is what you hear, it was buried amongst the other instruments, also subtly double the melody with another instrument to make it stronger.

Keep it up.

DaZ

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 22:19
Yeh I've just been contacted by the police. Just bribed them with a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Cheers for the comments guys. I do need to work on my balancing, fell over yesterday! Its something I need to take a look at because with all my tunes I'm doing the same thing.

As for the repetitiveness, adding other Zelda tunes is a great Idea, I'll give it a go!

Thanks again Guys.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 15:42
Sounds good to me, what did you use to make it?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 17:54
It sounds nice, but the real Zelda tune is hard to find if you dont know it's supposed to be it. Both my father and friend had no idea it was meant to be a Zelda tune, And they played every game ever released of Zelda.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 02:20
yea. sounds good to me bird!

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 07:56:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 07:56:42