Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Melee - A couple of Quesitons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
High, I am eagerly awaiting me getting FPS Creator X 10 and I have a couple of questions.

I have got the questions and for 1 of them a possible solution but I'm no scripter, at all, so I don't know if it will work.

1 - Will we be able to do some melee combos. I.e., you right click - right click - right click quickly whilst holding a weapon and it does a certain move?

Possible Solution:
Maybe you could script this, I.e. you could have a script for the weapon where if instead of left clicking, thus activating the main animation of the weapon (say a sword) you could left click 3 times in a period of say 3 seconds and then it carries out the certain animation that comes when you do this?

2 - Weapons piercing the enemy. I.e., a sword that when you right click, stabs foreward, and if you are close to an enemy, it stabs through that enemy?

Possible Solution:
I don't really have any ideas for this one.

3 - Different command doing a different move. I.e., could you make it so that if you left click whilst holding a sword, then it does the slashing animation, but if you write click then it does a stabbing animation?

Possible Solution:
Could you maybe script this? I.e., set it so that if you left click it activates an animation for slashing, and if you right click it does one for stabbing?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
All of these have the exact same concept an answer to one is an answer to all, Basically.

hey
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 01:15
P Tew,

It's nice to want these things, but you're gonna be sorely disappointed if you think that FPSC will ever be taken in that direction.

TGC has its idea of what a first person shooter is, and doesn't seem likely to deviate from that concept.

Goodman84 is absolutely right. The answer is never.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Own It, Or Get Owned...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 01:25
The problem with using a separate button (in this case the right mouse button,which I would have chosen as well for this) for an additional weapon animation is this.
The button is not programmed into the engine and I have yet to figure out how to register damage and an additional animation with the additional key without editing the source code.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
P Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all your help guys!

By the way, could a mod move this to the FPS Creator x 10 forums as I meant this to be a post for x10.

Thanks.

Any more comments would be great.

Thanks!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 19:11
Moving to the x10 board.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 22:37
Couldn't you just add more animations to the weapon and hands as if it were hitting, then "script" a hotkey to be pressed to trigger these animations, and inflict damage on the character?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 23:05
I tried that.The way that weapons work at this point is hard coded into the engine and there is no way to accomplish this as far as I know.I have decided to wait to mess around with this until the next release of the source code as working on the old one is useless at this point.
I think once the uber update and the new source code for x9 is released you are going to see quite a few user mods to adjust stuff such as this.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 23:18
haha. Hopefully!

P Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be wicked!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:03:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:03:51