Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / tutorials for dark dgk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i m starting to create a game whit dark dgk but i wanted to read some tutorials first.
so if somebody know a free tutorials please tell me

help me ì`m thinking to create a game whit dark GDK and visual c++ but i dont now how.
do somebody know a free tutorials?
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
You might try the tutorial that comes with Dark DGK
"Dark Invaders" tutorial #07

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 03:08 Edited at: 11th Dec 2007 03:09
I hated the dark invaders tutorial. Just read the help file. That's what I did. Then, after you've read the help file come bother people on the forums. We don't have anything better to do than answer your questions, I swear.

I'll write a tutorial if anyone wants me to, and sends me some money. If you send enough money I'll go to where you are and teach you what I know about DGDK, C++, Direct3D, and computers.

Edit: Actually, if someone springs for webhosting, I'll put a tutorial up. I code websites in ASP.NET, so, uh, I need an ASP.NET webhost! Preferably one with unlimited subdomains.
Fency Federejshn
Years of Service
User Offline
Why do you need hosting??? If you want to write a tutorial (which would be very nice) you could write it right here in the FORUM!!! it would be a popular topic offcource, and it would stay at the top of the forum always...

fency federejshn
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 16:59
Well? Reply Reply? Back out while you still can!

Seriously folks - if you have done Dark Basic - its basically the same deal - different syntax - it all caries over. If you really are just getting started period? Read a C++ Tutorial - this one is an awesome start: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ and then look at the Dark Basic Tutorials - and maybe practice "translating" them to C++ - it will help you with C++ - and the "Dark...." stuff carries over -

Most everything is the same. There are a few light issues, Terrain Issues, but otherwise - I THINK its pretty solid. Maybe a few shader/effect related things - but - IT's pretty much the same stuff as DarkBasic.

I'm not wishing to be insensitive - its just - DarkBasic Pro and DarkGDK are really not all that different from a "DirectX" and "Game making methods" point of view - true there are language differences - C++ versus DarkBasic - but otherwise - not that big a leap.

Start TINY - that's my suggestion.

XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
I've found the syntax to be very similar to PHP, so in learning this i'm having more problems with the structure than the syntax side of it.

aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I tried writing a tutorial, but it's harder than I thought! Uh...I'll keep at it, and maybe post it as a word document (is that okay with everybody?) when it's ready...heck, maybe I'll GPL it and let others edit away, since it's pretty bad right now...
Caleb
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't wait to see it, aersixb9
I could really use an effective tutorial - I'm not very good at taking commands and getting desired results, from different methods and combinations of certain commands.

New to Dark GDK, but it looks pwnage
Fency Federejshn
Years of Service
User Offline
@aersixb9 GREAT MOVE!!!!

i cant wait for the tutorial...

fency federejshn
Galaxy613
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 23:06
As a newbies the biggest problem I'm encountering is that the PDF tutorials don't tell you very much of anything EXCEPT for what they are doing. Heck, in the "3D Objects" tutorial it ONLY teaches you how to load a object and animate it. What about moving it? What about scaling it? I new to Dark Basic but not to C++, so it seems like I might be in the minority here.

I'm probably going to have to go the route that aersixb9 did.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:23:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:23:26