Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I raised my hand for a stupid question !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 21:09
Where do you have to save .bmps and 3d models so that you can load them in DB ?
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 21:23
in the folder where your .dba is located is the easiest way 2 do it.

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 22:21
To keep things neat, you can put your sounds and pictures in to a data sub-directory and then code like this.

load 3dsound "data\water sound loop.wav",1

or...

load object "data/DeadHouse.x",56
load object "data/DeadHouse_lm.x",55
load_collision_data("data/DeadHouse.col")
SerphE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 23:42
will someone tell me exactly where that is ? or how do i get to the .dba folder I'm stupid
evan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 00:08
when u start writting a prog,the place where u
save it to is where .dba file is.Everything
should be in this folder,Sounds, .bmp's etc.
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 02:44
goto the c: drive, then program files, then darkbasic, then myproj, then your program's folder name... just save all files to this folder and load them like this...

Load [object or image or sound...ect],[file name with extention],[number]

...hope this helps...

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...
Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
You're not stupid, just new.

Usually when one starts a new project in DarkBASIC, a folder is created for that project. You may want to make a note of the directory path if you're the forgetful sort.

When you wish to add media, the Media Browser included with DB (and accessed from the menu) allows you to browse and select media. When you find something you like, the browser will move the item you select to the folder of the currently open project when you click OK. This may be useful to you.

Personally, I organize all of my media and when a project is likely to need something, I'll create an organized directory structure for it. A good example of this would be the DB demos in the "Myproj" directory, which usually split media across a few folders.

It doesn't really matter where you save your media to, so long as your program knows the path to the files. For the sake of simplicity and convenience, it's usually prudent to save your media to the appropriate project directory in the "Myproj" folder.

-Misanthrope
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 07:58
Since I use many different programs to do many difdferent things. For instance, I use MIDI, music, graphics, animation,and other programs. And often, I import creations made in one program into other programs, I have a simple way that lets me track all my creations, whether they are .bmp, mid, wav, mp3, or whatever. I also use several computers. So, I have done the same in all my computers. I created the folder C:\A. The reason to call it A is that it is very easy to type, I can not forget it, and it shows up quickly in my searches. In C:\A, I create folderes with logical names. A folder that contains synthesizer wavs is C:\A\synthwav.
If you don't know how to create new folders, the process is simple.
All you have to do is go to c:\, which is your main hard drive in "My computer" (I assumme you are using Windows). Open C:\. With your mouse inside the C:\ folder, right click. A set of options show up. Scroll to New. A new set of options shows. Towards the top, look for "Folders". Scroll up to folders, and click on it. A new folder called "New Folder" appears at the bottom of your C:\ folder. Right cliick on it and a set of options will appear. The second from the bottom should be RENAME. Click on it. Rename the folder by typing A.
Now, all you have to do when you save a drawing, a mesh, an animation, or whatever is using the "Save As" option on the File menu (Located on the left of the top bar in all windows programs). Browse to "C", then to "A", then, using the little folder icon on the right top of the saving window, create the folder you want for the type of files you are saving.
It will always be easy to find your files again. Take it from some ione that uses hundreds of gigabytes of memory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 11:39:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 11:39:01