Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / MP - Default Commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, just started to get the hang of DBP, and this came out. Okay, like most of you, HAD to get it and it's great! Syntax is a bit different, much like PHP which i'm familiar with. Though I do miss the ease of the Tempest and Multisync DLL's. Question is, is there a way to apply these same DLL's using C++ and the DarkGDK? If not(this goes to benj), will a new one be written for it? If not again, since this is taking place within a more powerful environment(C++), can a person assume the default MP commands included(Which are simular to the default commands in DBP) be a bit better than previous? I did a search, limited feedback, i can only assume because this is so new. But i'm gonna keep moving forward, and common sense tells me if i'm gonna do it, do it with this GDK, afterall, C++ is great, and this DarkGDK might help me and others get over they're fear of C++, kinda like a stepping stone. I think this is great, though i feel like i left grade school as a pro, only to start high school as a freshman again...i guess thats like. Look forward to everyone's responses.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 05:47 Edited at: 11th Dec 2007 05:50
I recently made a VC++ project for someone wanting to use Multisync from C++, I've attached it here. It shows you how to host a simple server.

At some point I do plan to release a library specifically for use in C++.

There are alternatives though, as now that you're using C++ you can use Winsock directly if you feel up to it (though if you're new to C++ I wouldn't exactly recommend it just yet).

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, i'll check it out! Someone also mented http://rakkarsoft.com/ but i haven't really checked it out yet. Can't wait for your library though.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 16:28
I'm with Ben on this one - WinSock would be the fastest solution you can muster in windows if you can get it working - its what all the other "stuff" uses. They have no choice to my knowledge - its the OS's door to the network(s).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:15:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:15:10