Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Alt-Tab of death be gone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 01:13
I don't know how many of you know my solution or if it has been posted before, but I'm sure most of you know that when you run in Full Screen Exclusive mode, and then you Alt-Tab, you get some form of "Object not found" error. I found out how to get rid of this and it really isn't that difficult to do!

[Check Code Box]

What it does is immediately checks at the beginning of the loop to see if the object exists, if it doesn't it reloads them. I tried this code expecting that it wouldn't work because you could Alt-Tab at any point in the program and wouldn't be able to track it, but it seems that DBP runs your loop a few times after it can't find the objects trying to find code that will load them. It worked for me with GameSpawn and it should work for you!
Current Projects: Game Spawn 85%, mini BSP maker 50%, Height Mapper with many features 75%, Space Tactical (Like BC300AD) 15%.
Blanka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 02:34
hey! nice little find there, thanks. and i assume you have to do the "if cant find the objects then load them" code for every object in every loop?

if this slows it down at all could you do somthing like this so it wouldnt check it every loop, only every few loops...

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 06:40
hmmm... not sure. I don't have dark basic available right now, but heck... you got me curious. I'm going to try it out when I get home!

Current Projects: Game Spawn 85%, mini BSP maker 50%, Height Mapper with many features 75%, Space Tactical (Like BC300AD) 15%.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:38:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:38:21