Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / '/MT' and '/clr' cmd-line options incompatible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 04:36
Quote: "cl : Command line error D8016 : '/MT' and '/clr' command-line options are incompatible"

That is my error, I'm guessing from previous experience I'll have to change some project properties, I am not sure however of which ones?

Another idea I had was that it might have something to do with the "dbCLS" command I used.

RuneScape name: Dbproguy
Pharoseer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 04:50
Hey DBPro Guy,

Did you change any settings or is it giving you that error "straight out of the box?"

I have been using the dbCLS() command with and without specifying a color and haven't run into that problem myself. Could you post the problematic code and any project settings that you think you might have changed as well? It might help us figure out what's going on.

-Frank
DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 05:01 Edited at: 13th Dec 2007 05:13

That's my code.

I had previously changed: Project > Properties > Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation > Runtime Library to Multi-threaded which is /MT, I just have to figure out what /clr is.

Also, I just realised that /clr is not the same as CLS, that was my mistake... a brown-haired person with a blonde moment?

EDIT: while I was writing this post, I had a search running for /clr and found out it's Common Language Runtime. There's an article on it that I'm reading here

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 15:53
Your code appears C++ CLR is a .net thingy. (at least in this context)

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 20:01
What do I need to do with it though?

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 20:09
In the project or "settings" - You need to lose the "CLR" thing and use:Cofiguration Properties->General->Common Language runtime Support: No Common Language Runetime support

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 20:40
Okay, when I do that it comes back with 35 errors this time:

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 22:15
To be honest - I tried making a new project - and I couldn't get it either

I have ONE project that I found the sweet spot for and I can't recreate it - at least I haven't been able to yet. I thought the docs say start with a windows console app - hmmm.... I have to do it step by step

I'm currently "Cheating" by taking a project I made and copying it - and renaming stuff. Lame Eh?

I'd go through the sticky thread again - I'm going to have to to -

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 01:10
ooh sticky threads! Those are fun but I do forget about them every now and then.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:13:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:13:44