Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / 007 GoldenEye: Locked and Loaded

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 17:20
Hello everyone. Been working on this project for a few weeks now and thought I would show you all what I have come up with so far. This is a freeware fan-based remake of the original. Enjoy the screenies!!! The show the Facility map. Also, be sure to checkout the website at www.goldeneye-returns.co.nr for more information and to download an early Alpha version.

Visit us on the web at http://www.gli-games.co.nr/

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Very Nice! I see goldeneye all over again. Are you going to make the multiplayer maps as well? Also if you need some models made I wouldn't mind helping with this one, if you want it.

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome! This looks amazing! Great job and keep it up.

-Brian

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 20:05
ah the memories good job man keep it up!

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, good memories of Goldeneye. But put some lights in there! Unless you're going for that old-school retro look.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 21:47
Quote: "Yes, good memories of Goldeneye. But put some lights in there! Unless you're going for that old-school retro look."

Yes, I actually am going kinda retro here, but that would be a good idea for some of my future projects. Thanks.

Quote: "Very Nice! I see goldeneye all over again. Are you going to make the multiplayer maps as well? Also if you need some models made I wouldn't mind helping with this one, if you want it."

Yes, that would be great starmind. I would appreciate that since I am having trouble with the character textures. Would you be willing to help with some character retextures? That would be a tremendous help. Thanks for the offer!

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 22:46
Ha, I remember that map!

How much of this is custom, by the way?

I'm not actually a Kiwi, I just randomly thought it up one day.
GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 23:20
Quote: "Ha, I remember that map!

How much of this is custom, by the way?"

To be honest, pretty much nothing. I am not good at making content and things like that, so most of it is stock or I downloaded it, but I am keeping track of everything so I can give credit where it is due.

Goosebox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 01:30
this is some good stuff, i remember playing though that lvl on the n64

User of Intell(R)1.86GHZ CPU, 960 MB RAM, 256 MB Memory Graphics Card.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks very nice. I tried something like this and well lets just say, this might be over your head to top Goldeneye. And also, add lights if your going for that updated look.
If I may suggest, go out and buy Half Life 2 and download the Goldeneye mod. The mod is so freaking awsome and it will bring back bucketloads of memories!

Astek

Second Chairman of COZ's Productions.
GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 01:54
Quote: "Looks very nice. I tried something like this and well lets just say, this might be over your head to top Goldeneye. And also, add lights if your going for that updated look.
If I may suggest, go out and buy Half Life 2 and download the Goldeneye mod. The mod is so freaking awsome and it will bring back bucketloads of memories!

Astek"

I have gotten the chance to play the mod. I frequent a local internet gaming caf'e and play it often there. It is awesome. Also, Goldeneye is legendar and I would never try to top it. I am simply giving gamers an avenue to relive their memories of this awesome game. Also, I did not add lighting in order to preserve that classic look as best as possible. I might try and mess with that a bit, but if I can't pull it off in a good way, I will just leave it be.

Thanks for the tips and I hope you all will enjoy the final product.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Would you be willing to help with some character retextures? That would be a tremendous help. Thanks for the offer!"

Sure! Just send me what you want me to retexture and I will see what I can do for you.

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 01:22
Hows the game coming along?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought I would pull out the n64 for awhile this morning and see what I could come up with. Here's what I came up with so far.
[img][/img]
I thought the mines would be a need for the game.I have the big tanks too. I also noticed what you have for enemies and might I suggest that you use the stock ww2 us general and grunts for your enemies. They are more similar to the ones from goldeneye. I will try to retexture those and make some of them look like the russians and the main bosses from the game. When I'm done with the mines we will need someone like butters, etc to animate them. Right now I have to go to work, so I will let you know when I'm done or tell me when you need the textures and I will get them to you.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 20:35
This is great; and I too remember this level. Great job so far!

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 22:07 Edited at: 15th Dec 2007 22:10
I was just playing earlier and I have a couple of questions.
1.Will there be a Dam Level? If you Do I'm gonna email you something.
2.Are you gonna be able to drive the tank in the Runway and Streets level
And 3. Will you be needing some level outlines?
also if you need some reference maps go here ------->

MBG Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 22:15
oh man, this is bringin back some great memories

turn around, im right behind you
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 22:44
I like the idea but the beta level wasn't all that great, I got a bit of lag and there was not enough entities. But it was still okay.

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 23:30
Darimc you have to play goldeneye to know there is bot that many entities.

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 23:52
This is pretty cool ive still got it on n64

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Please join groves inc.....World domination
Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 01:03
GLI games must be working hard to not be replying.

Goosebox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 03:58
dude, i played the 2nd lvl on goldeneye, on n64, and the security doors open horozontally, not verticly, like the ones that u have.

User of AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ CPU, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB Memory Graphics Card.
Goosebox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 03:59
also, on the sixth screenshot, the double doors on the bottom floor, they should be silverish, not green.

User of AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ CPU, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB Memory Graphics Card.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 06:23
loved that game. and facility was my favorite map.

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 12:42
Goose Box you must understand he's using stock sci fi doors it's kinda hard to make them open a different way.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 16:28
Ooh. I love these videogame remakes. I'd still like to do an Ecks v. Sever 2 remake, but it probably won't happen. Besides, the N64 classic bests all others.

GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 16:37 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 16:38
Quote: "dude, i played the 2nd lvl on goldeneye, on n64, and the security doors open horozontally, not verticly, like the ones that u have."

Quote: "also, on the sixth screenshot, the double doors on the bottom floor, they should be silverish, not green."

I know. I just don't know how to make my own content, so I am improvising with what I have. Sorry...it is not perfect. I am simply doing my best with what I know.

GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 17:12
Quote: "I was just playing earlier and I have a couple of questions.
1.Will there be a Dam Level? If you Do I'm gonna email you something.
2.Are you gonna be able to drive the tank in the Runway and Streets level
And 3. Will you be needing some level outlines?
also if you need some reference maps go here ------->"

Wow! Thank you. this is very helpful. Much better than what I have been doing. Playing the game while designing the levels. LOL. Anyway, thanks.

Also, thank you all for your great comments and suggestions. Its comments like these that make me wanna continue even more with the project.

Thanks a lot!

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I finished with the facility textures for the enemies. And I built the tanks and mines. Also I played you demo and also I have few comments.
1: windows, the window need to be bulletproof and retextured.

2: tank storage room needs to be smaller and it has an open ceiling in the room to the left.

3: objectives, the thing that goldeneye has was it's objectives to complete,like talk to the scientist for door decoder to get in the tank storage room,

4: doors, you need to have keys and remote doors. doors I remembered to have been locked were not lock.

Other than that it was a great to see updated graghics and memories. In fact I had to pull out my 64 and play it again. I like how you even had the music for the lvls. Well here's the download for what I did for you.
http://files.filefront.com/007toolsrar/;9279393;/fileinfo.html
Enjoy! If you want more stuff just write what you need on this forum and I will get back to, besides by putting it on here you may get more than you want.

Goosebox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 22:33
Quote: "I know. I just don't know how to make my own content, so I am improvising with what I have. Sorry...it is not perfect. I am simply doing my best with what I know."

hey, i can make the doors for u, unless, if u want to do it yourself, u can download the fpsc segment editor to make ur own segments and doors and stuff.

Quote: "Goose Box you must understand he's using stock sci fi doors it's kinda hard to make them open a different way."

yeah, i can see that the stock scifi doors open vertically. but, still, if GLI Games wants to make the game as close to the origional goldeneye, then at least, maybe, the doors, textures, walls, etc. might have to match the stuff in goldeneye.

GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 23:34
Quote: "yeah, i can see that the stock scifi doors open vertically. but, still, if GLI Games wants to make the game as close to the origional goldeneye, then at least, maybe, the doors, textures, walls, etc. might have to match the stuff in goldeneye.
"

That is true. I really appreciate your comments. It is just that I really have a limited knowledge and limited amount of time to do this game. Also, I wanted to do 2 thing with this game...prove to many FPSC users that good games can be made with FPSC and also to help myself gain more knowledge pertaining to FPSC. Before this project, I sucked at using FPSC...but now I have learned so much.

I welcome anyone to make improvements that I was unable to once the game is finished, so be my guest. Also, anyone who would like to contribute is also welcome.

Thanks for your advice and I look forward to launching the game ASAP.

Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 00:17
I love the first pick the toilet and toilet paper roll has some nice detail.

Who are you and why are you here?
GLI Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 01:05
Quote: "I love the first pick the toilet and toilet paper roll has some nice detail."

Thanks, but I must give credit to the creator of those entities...Lightning Bolt Studios.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 02:38
Just a bit of advice for you:

I would use model pack 9/10 weapons for a couple reasons.

1) they have a bit higher quality
2) they have a stealth hands that look more "bond-ish" than those

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 02:45
While I wish there was either some lightmapping or a lower ambience, it's looking great. Very reminiscent of good ol' Goldeneye. Keep up the good work!

Can't sleep? More info soon!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 02:46
Jiffy! I haven't seen you in ages!

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 02:49
Yeah, I know. It's been almost 10 months! I just got X10 and have started developing again. It's great to be back .

Can't sleep? More info soon!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 03:01
Heh, I was talking to Creator of Zombies about you a couple weeks ago. We were wondering where you and your game went! lol

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 22:47 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 22:47
I don't know how to say this without looking noobish but here it goes.
Can I please help you with this game i'm a goldeneye fanatic.

Erpt 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 23:23
awesome, i cant believe someone hadn't made this already. just add lightmapping and it will be about 10x cooler
Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 12:13
looks grt could u post some comparison screenshots? so we can see how it looks to the same thing on the n64?

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
kreso93
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, the old days. I played Goldeneye back on my N64 all day long! I still remember the map. It looks very authentic (except few things but never mind). I'm thinking about playing it again.

________________________________-
Smile! God loves you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:19:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:19:44