Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Open Source Multisync Wrapper / Engine / Library

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 03:50 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 13:59
I wrote the bones of this engine a week or two ago, and got it working relatively well. It still needs some tweaking, but it works and is easily expandable. I know, Multisync already is a Wrapper, so I guess this is a Wrapper for a Wrapper, but anyways...

In a nutshell:

The "library" or "engine" or whatever you want to call it provides a good framework for creating an online multiplayer host/client game using Benjamin's Multisync plugin. It's pretty much plug and play, I'll release some demos next week during March break when I have some time, but until then feel free to look over the source and experiment. As it is a WIP, there are still some bugs of course .

Latest Compiled Library (Dec 2nd, 2007)

You'll notice there's some excessive commenting in there, including documentation on every command so far (at the bottom of the file) and a brief explanation of how it works at the top.

Right, so, not asking for critisism or comments or much of anything really (though they aren't turned away), just putting it out there if people are interested. Not putting a completion date on this as I usually dont complete anything, but seeing as it works as of now, I guess it could already count as being complete .

Will edit / post in a few days with a more professional looking outline of how everything works... and like I said, a demo or two during the christmas break.

Grab Multisync from here.

DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 06:02 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 06:03
Hey RUCCUS,

Is this compatible with DBC? And if not, would you be able to look at my problem in the DBC boards (as Multisync is pretty much similar in DBC and DBP)? I've been stuck for a while now, and it appears noone has the knowledge (or time) to help me out.

In any case, seeing this WIP I was confused: It says Multisync at top, but Tempest in the description. Which one is it?

EDIT: Doesn't look compatible with DBC to me

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 14:01
Sorry about that, meant to write Multisync. About DBC, I dont have it, and I dont have time to look up all of the missing commands and different parameters used in DBC to convert this engine over. From what I remember DBC doesnt allow for UDTs, something this engine uses extensively, so if thats the case then no it wont work. Ill take a look at the thread later tonight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:29:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:29:22