Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Survive

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 10:31 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 10:56

Game Proposal

Author: Johnny White
Modified: 17 Dec. 2007

1.High Concept
----a.Stranded with nothing but the cloths on your back, can you survive?
2.Genre
----a.This is a simulation of how one would survive in the wild with nothing but the cloths on ones back.
3.Gameplay
----a.The player will be able to perform basic and advanced survival operations and techniques.
----b.Hunting with hand-made tools.
4.Features
----a.Dressing wounds
----b.Gathering supplies
----c.Hunting
----d.Building shelters
----e.The Third Eye
----i.An eye that guides the player on how to survive based on certain situations.
5.Setting
----a.Southern Vermont Forest
6.Story
----a.The story begins with the player outside the flight school with the desire to learn to fly. The player meets Ernest, a hillbilly pilot, and is skeptical about learning from this place. The player accepts the hillbilly and they get into the plane and take off. In midair, the plane goes down and Ernest dies. Stranded, with nothing but the cloths on the players back. Now the player must survive and get back to civilization.
7.Target Audience
----a.This game will be meant for teenagers and older so that they might know what to do if they were in that situation.
8.Hardware Platforms
----a.PC
9.Estimated Schedule and Budget
----a.Release Date
--------i.TBA
----b.Estimated Budget
--------i.TBD
10. Competitive Analysis
----a.TBD
11.Team
----a.Game Designer
--------i.Johnny White
12.Summary
----a.This game will be fun to play because it allows the player to explore their ability to survive in the wild while in a safe environment. In addition, it will not only be fun, but educational. Our team will be qualified for the job for that the reason being that we created the game and have the correct mindset to think and put ourselves in certain situations.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a game I am working on. This is very hard doing it by myself but until I can get enough done I can't make a team request. Currently I am working on getting some of the art work together like trees, animals and what not. This is my work in progress. Tell me what you think as I go. Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, there is no pics of it in ingame so it might be locked. But i can say your a good drawer i love the concept art. I like the idea of the game though
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 11:41
well I am not programmer so in game art is going to be kind of hard to accomplish at this moment. But maybe I can find someone that can program in DBP well enough to help out. Thanks, i have lots of time to draw at work, since I just talk on the phones all day I can draw in between calls. I have more concept art but I still have to upload it all to my computer. I am trying to make some 3D art for it so I will have some more art to show. I am mainly an art person and designer, though I know JAVA.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 12:38
If you don't know any DB then it seems likely this team request will struggle, since the programmer is the one who does the most work, really.

Quote: "Well, there is no pics of it in ingame so it might be locked. "

True, but Samurai's first post really impressed me: it laid everything out in a succinct, professional manner. A whole lot better than the typical "I wanna make a MMORPG, who's gonna make it 4 me?" So I certainly don't think this should be locked.

I'm not actually a Kiwi, I just randomly thought it up one day.
Bozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 12:59
Its not really a WIP though, to be fair. Although, there is a good design.

"I'm a firm believer that if a team scores one goal, then the other has to score two to win."
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 13:08
Agreed with Bozzy, it's more of a Game Design Document.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah but Tha_Rami, wasn't that the same as the SeaDome WIP untill you got a team together?

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 15:08 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 15:08
No, I had a techdemo and some models, as you might recall. Before I had those, Seadome was in Game Design.

The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 20:29
Well this is just to show my work, it's not a team request if that's what you'll are thinking. I am learning as much as I can since I am doing it all by myself. Once I got some artwork together I can start some DBP programming. I am not real good at it, but I think I can manage to get a tech demo up so that you'll can see it. I took a college course in Game Design so I know what I am doing in that aspect of the game.

Though if someone wants to help me out on the programming side, I would appreciate it very much. Maybe then I can make an official team request.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 20:48
Got me convinced. For now. Good luck.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 21:21
Samurai,

If this is just a game's design, it goes in the Game Design Theory board.

Productivity on Hassassin has increased tenfold.
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 01:34
well right now I am working on a tech demo in DBP, maybe if I can get something running I can actually do a team request.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 01:40
Hey dude, yeah I know it's been said, Game Design theory - wrong board, but I hope you do get this into WIP and complete it, it seems all those who worked on Rush are doomed to a life of incomplete projects - so please be the first.

I'd offer a hand, but got too much to do, and my own stuff to work on. I'd look into people's engines that they're programming in DBP, I know me and Roxas are working on one each and there are certain others - these might make things easier.

I love Nancy DrewG, but not insert brain here
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 01:06 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 01:11
Well I am still working on art, almost got a deer completed.

Here is some of the storyboard:

http://www.sanangelogames.com/GameDevelopment/Storyboard/0001.jpg
http://www.sanangelogames.com/GameDevelopment/Storyboard/0002.jpg
http://www.sanangelogames.com/GameDevelopment/Storyboard/0003.jpg
http://www.sanangelogames.com/GameDevelopment/Storyboard/0004.jpg
http://www.sanangelogames.com/GameDevelopment/Storyboard/0005.jpg

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 02:15 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 02:24
Quote: "http://www.sanangelogames.com/GameDevelopment/Storyboard/0001.jpg"

Did you mean to spell 'school' wrong?

Edit:
Also, in your first pic in your first post, the guy looks like he has nerve damage or something, his right eye is pretty dilated (perhaps this is intended from his crash?), for reference take a look at this:

I know it may be a bit humorous to some, but I am trying to offer constructive criticism.

Support the indie!
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 03:53
Lol yes, school was meant to be misspelled. As for the eye though, I didn't mean for that to look like nerve damage or anything, it is just a concept drawing, nothing professional.

The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 04:50 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 04:52
Here is a doe I modeled, I roughly put a texture on it right now until I can better have time to texture it properly.

868 Polygons

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 08:27
Dude, thats not half bad. How are your animation skills?

Support the indie!
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 10:11 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 10:12
Well I haven't rigged it yet, but I can study at work so I get about 25 hours worth of work in on this game every week. As for animation, I needed to watch some videos on the movement of the deer. Then with some trees, grass and some ai programming I can get something moving amongst the forest.

I haven't done much animation in the past, but I learn something every day.

zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 10:18
Glad to see your using milkshape ! And nice game concept

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 16:38
Yeah Milkshape is a pretty good app. I am using it for most of my 3d work as well. I am curious, where did you pick up your source texture for your deer from? I am asking because I will need several animals in my future WIP also.

Support the indie!
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 05:02
Well the picture just came off the internet, I just used the Texture editor to stick it on there. I am working on making a texture of my own that will look pretty realistic, but for tonight I am working on getting my friends computer fixed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:16:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:16:47