Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / blender export directx (without textures)??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
I create in Blender a simple uv sphere i make textures.When i export it in Directx (.x) and included in my dark project it only shows the uvsphere without the textures.

Anyone a idea or what is the best 3d modelling software for Dark gdk?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 16:37
Well - I would first open the Direct.x file with a texteditor (Use TeraEdit if you can - WAY faster than notepad on big direct.x files) - anyway - look for your texture files names in there to see if they were exported and blender screwed up or it DarkGDK.

Aside from that I don't have a lot of info for you - but I know if its ONE TEXTURE "Wrapped" you could load it and apply it within DarkGDK providing the UV coords are all there - and all refer to ONE texture - "cut up".

So far - I get the impression - (I'm still just learning this man-handling stuff for 3d objects in memory) anyway - I get the impression - it harder to "add multiple" textures to a model in DarkGDK - but I could definately be wrong. I haven't had any luck.

I did see commands that elude to otherwise - but I didn't have any luck - and I think MAYBE you can only manipulate multiple images - that loaded with the model - and then you can change UV Coords for the already loaded "multiple images/textures" ...that's my take so far..

I'm using 3wds a bit - and I like it though it gets hosed if different faces of a primitive use different textures. So I use it for "square primitive" buildings etc. But my experiments here are minimal - but this might explain why a couple guys LIT and someone else - (sorry forgot your handle) - are making NATIVE 3dws loaders - probably so they can "Man Handle" all the poly/images/limbs" themselves via vertex manipulation etc.

I've heard people have good results texturing/modeling with Milkshape - I bought it to - but I've yet to be able to texture successfully with it - but again - only dabbling - (terrain my personal issue of late - not to worried about 3d model creation yet) But Milkshape uses the "One Texture - UV Mapped and wrapped" approach afaik.

GameSpace - $200USD there abouts - touts to be the best for games etc - I hear the interface is clunky at first (many are) and it has some really cool add-ons available too - but I can't give first experience with that one yet.

Good Luck! BTW - there is a Shareware 3d format Converter out there - Claims to support a ton of different formats - keep your google shortcut ready and eyes open

theplake
Years of Service
User Offline
mmh i tested but its not work.Only the object is export.

Can anyone tell me a 3d model program its works 100% with darkgdk?
The Mayflower
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 23:41
Yes!!! Blender does work with DarkGDK!!

I'll tell you how, although you can't use DDS files for textures; try BMP or JPG.

First, split the 3d window into 2 windows. Make the other one an UV Mapping/Image Window.

Once you have your object, select it in object mode, press F for UV Mapping then A to select all faces. Press U then either select cube mapping from view or cylinder from view. The vertices should show up in the Image Window. You can load your image and resize the vertices in any direction to make the texture fit. When you load your X file into DarkGDK, if the image you used is in the same directory, the texture will be loaded

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:25:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:25:10