Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Demolition derby-type game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 18:57 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 06:38
I've been working on this for awhile and would like your opinion. Its still got a ways to go and I would appreciate any suggestions you could make.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c3yqja

Added a Dodge Ram and an F-150.
Added Mud for ground.

Keep in mind I'm still working on a.i., physics, and adding color to the models.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 21:32
COLOR BACKDROP Camera Number, RGB(0,0,255)

That should do the trick.

"Oh hey, nice website Jimmy, it's really nice and fancy." -- That C++ Nerd
Visit. Website. NOW!
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 21:56
Before I download, what's the objective of the game?

Chers,

-naota

Madness never stops..... It takes a breather every once in a while, but then it grabs it's inhaler and chases you down the street with a cane.
Aex.Uni forums
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 22:04
Sounds cool VICVANCE but u need some car models first before i will test play. It's to early to tell any thing now. 1 more thing derby=mud so give the ground a offroad texture. laters.

Streets of Rage the best 3d beat em up ever check out the wip on apollo forums!
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 23:01
I've always wanted to do a demolition derby type of game, but never have. Do you intend to give the vehicles weaponry (like rockets)?

The file was 7.5MB (why so large?). It seemed to download fine, but when I tried to run it, three minutes later it said it was still Loading....

I don't see why it would take so long to load, you are not even loading car models yet. You definitely need a load progress bar of some sort. I'm going to have to see something really outstanding in order to wait three minutes for it to load. Perhaps the .exe is corrupted or something.

LB
VICVANCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 01:36 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 05:16
Jimmy,
Thanks for the code. That did the trick.

LBFN,
The reason it is so large is because there are 2 music files included. And its not really loading. Theres a bug somewhere that causes it not to go directly into the game when its done loading. You have to press a key first.

Update:Changed texture of ground to mud and added a model of a Ford F-150 for player 1, currently working on a Dodge Ram for the second model. I'll re-upload when I'm done

new screenshot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:27:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:27:18