Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Scan Codes? Function Flags?...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 23:45
Hi, I'm new DarkSDK, but I am not new to C++ so we can throw that out the window now.

Looking over the documentation I found that several functions have flags you can give them... but no where I have found a list for them! Also, theres some functions that have muiltible prototypes, but the documentation only has the most basic, leaving me completely in the dark about the more advanced ones.

If theres a list of Flags and/or Scan Codes PLEASE point me in their direction.
dbGamerX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 01:14 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 01:16
Hi Galaxy613,

Welcome to the forums! Glad you joined us

Have you studied the header files of DirectX? They help a lot. This site may help you about scan codes:
http://www.gamespp.com/directx/directInputKeyboardScanCodes.html

You don't need to define the keys because they are already stored in macros.

To use them, you use dbKeyState().

Like this:

Easy as 1-2-3

dbPrint ( "Sig" );
Galaxy613
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 01:48
Thanks for .h file. That'll help a bunch. But I still am sore about the lack of documentation on functions like:

:-\

Anyways, I'm hoping of getting a basic game going, then bringing my game Voidspace into DSDK... mostly I'm gonna try to get space travel (between solar systems, planets, and inside atmospheres) working before I actually get any combat and stuff working. lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:16:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:16:19