Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Does anyone want a free copy of my simu-game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a game/simulation (given that I haven't actually piloted a spacecraft)! Here's some screenshots. Feedback is welcome, encouraged, and requested!!!!!

Here's picture #2

Who wants a copy? PM me and I'll send you a copy. Uh...I'd rather not distribute the source, unless you really, *really* want it. (And maybe want to work on it with me)
aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just thinking that you people might be worried about viruses...would a reputable person here who can read C++ & DarkGDK code want to hold onto a current copy of the source code, and then verify that it's virus free? (and post the compiled binary or a hash of the compiled binary...or both...)

Or do you guys want more of a description of the game?
Currently it's a simple-to-control (W is accelerate forward, S is accelerate backwards, moving the mouse rotates the view just like any old FPS) space ship simulator with an engine that produces around 10,000 G's of thrust. That's really fast, and would squish a human, so it's actually a simu-game!

Other spaceships are simulated also. There's currently 500 of them on the map. They are very small, but you can fly up next to them. Very close if you want.

You can also fly to the moon, around the earth, or to the sun! (It's a long way to the sun, but you can make it.)

Plus, if you ever get stranded in a spaceship with a dead pilot and a shot navigation system, having played this game would be a definite ++ to your survival probability rating.
aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, and by PM I mean E-Mail. Sorry about that.
Dr Schnitzengruber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 03:24
I don't know how to describe what feelings i'm having so i'll make a list:

1)What is this game about?

2)Edit post button is in the bottom left corner of your posts

3)Just because you mentioned viruses, I actually thought it is possible.

4)Didn't you post the same exact game with just about the same description before?

5)If you want to give it away for free you can upload it here. I'm pretty sure nobody here would pull out a e-mail just to get a game they don't know about.

aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
1) It's about flying a spaceship. Sort of like Microsoft Flight Simulator, but in space and much easier to control.

2) Yeah, I know. Sorry. I'll try to edit more in the future instead of multiple-posting.

3) Sorry I brought it up! It's virus free, I swear. In fact, I think it's even a crime in my location to distribute viruses.

4) Yes, but I wasn't offering a compiled version for people to play.

5) I don't want to bother with a release build in case nobody wants to play. Also, I want to be able to nag people via email to try updated versions and also to get their feedback.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 03:39
Quote: "In fact, I think it's even a crime in my location to distribute viruses."

Productivity on Hassassin has increased tenfold.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 14:36
You'd be better off putting up a release build in case nobody wants to play than to wait until someone feels like mailing you. I kinda felt like mailing, but I've got too much work currently. You'll catch more casual downloaders by uploading.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 17:28 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 17:28
Stick a compiled version up. If people like it, they can choose to mail you to keep updated. Harvesting email addresses from people who just want to try it is not a good idea and I doubt you will have many takers.

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA
n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 01:58
You posted this same thread, four times, in three forums, with the same pictures. GIVE IT A REST.

Sienitalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 22:02
can I have copy of this

<<LOS ENTERTAINMENT>>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:25:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:25:14