Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Won't create an .EXE file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 08:54 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 18:54
This is the ultimate 'newbie' post...

I've just installed the full version of DBPro and can't compile the simplest program. I get the following:

"cannot create C:...example.exe"

wish the error message was a little more verbose...what am I doing wrong?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 22:43
Make sure you save the source code (.dba) into a folder in your projects directory and then save the project file (.dbpro) into the same folder.

That should be all you need to do - apart from install the latest DBP update if you haven't already done so.

TDK_Man

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 23:38
also, if you have created the exe before make sure that you are not running it. I experienced almost the same problem for that reason.

Foz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 06:31
I verified that both the .dba and .dbpro files are in the project folder and still nothing. I suspect that the original download of DBPro didn't work - I'll continue to wait for a response from the technical dept.

I feel like I paid too much to have to sit and wait like this on my first day, but then set-backs are to be expected. Thank you for your help.
Foz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 19:31
I'm using Vista. And I'd have to re-install DBPro in order to get that path again - it'd be the third time, and I don't want to do that just yet; I was given 3 different d/l links and I'm not even sure which or in what order to download them.

I suspect there's a security issue with Vista involved, because I get the following error message during the download:

"access to
C:\...\Windows...\Temp Internet Folder...\DBPro.zip is denied"

I then have to manualy unzip the file. I apologize for filling up this thread with a topic that's better suited for the support team, but I'm growing a little tired of waiting for a response. I set aside my weekend to work on this and now it's over...
PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you running it as administrator? Vista doesnt like programs creating new files (especcially exes)

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
Foz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 22:47
Yep, that did it - Thank you. Guess I'll just have to get use to stopping to click 'run as administrator' everytime I want to use DB.

Love your quote - I'll respect the forum rules and keep my opinions about Microsuck to myself...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:26:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:26:12