Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zebedy - my first simple DGDK game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 12:12 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 12:16
Okay... I've been working on this for a few weeks now (part time, of course). It's a bit (perhaps a little more than a bit ) random, but I thought i'd post it to share some of the simple AI code that I use in the classes.

Storyline: You're an undead ghost called Zebedy and you try to invade the world, between chasing random people in the park to suck their souls.

Levels: Currently, I've only done the first level. It's set in a park with trees, a statue, and a simple matrix terrain. The graphics are quite simple because i'm relying on whatever I can find suitable that was packaged with DB products I have got.

AI: Basic by most standards. Civillians walk around randomly and run when you come within range, emitting a screaming sound. (it sounds pretty funny)

Soldiers patrol randomly, and shoot you when you come within range. (a gunshot sound is played)

Movement: Movement is fully implemented with a simple 'space bar' attack, that hurls an energy ball at the target.

Effects:
Blood - not yet implemented, but attempted

Yea, it's probably not much compared to most of the stuff on this board, but I thought someone might be interested.

Screenshots:

Main Menu:

Attacking:

Helpless men running:

Getting shot by soldiers:

Code:
part of man.cpp
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 14:37
You know that Zebedy is pronounced as the Egyptian/Arabic word Yoghurt? No? Now you do!

Looks good. Sounds like a start .

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Dark Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 02:34
haha I wasn't aware of that. I'll upload some more screenshots and perhaps a demo later when I add more objectives, and more challenging enemies.
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 01:39
Good start
Maybe make the compass thing have a transparent color so the white box isn't visible?

Modelled and rendered in Blender. Free software ftw.
Dark Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 10:43 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 11:06
Yea, I was trying to do that but had no success, i'll try fix that, thanks

[edit] The compass is just a .png image with a transparency layer mapped to a simple plain object (this is done in DB code). Unfortunatly the transparency isn't working, there must be some sort of command I call, or perhaps I have to set an image colour key or something.

[edit no2] I hope their isn't any law against multiple edits...
I fixed the problem, I had to use 'dbSetObjectTransparency ( compass->ID(), 1 )' I should be able to integrate blood stains now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:25:17