Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [LOCKED] i am noob plz help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am a noob i need to know how to put in the code and where so that it works send me some code with answer so i can try my e-mail address is brycemoore@embarqmail.com
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 22:55
Quote: "i am a noob"
Welcome

Quote: "i need to know how to put in the code and where "

What Version of DarkBasic do you have? (It matters sometimes)

Where? Open the DarkBasic Icon - (start menu - All Programs - The Game Creators -> (in here somewhere usually))

That is the editor. That's where you enter the codes. There is help in there for the commands.... But I'm sure someone will give you a little hello world snippet that will work regardless of version if you are patient

sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 00:21
i am noob,
are you using DBP or DarkGDK?
Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 01:33
Wow... No flames here? I'm proud of you all. Suppose I shouldn't either then... Even though this is a genuine "gimmeh teh codez" thread.

If you have installed MS Visual C++ 2008, DirectX 9 SDK and DarkGDK, and you are using DarkGDK in combination with MS Visual C++ 2008, first you open the Visual C++ IDE. Then either click the upper-left-most button or press CTRL+SHIFT+N to create a new project. Select the "Wizards" category from the far left category tree, and on the right, click on "Dark GDK - 3D Game". At the bottom, there are a few text boxes; in the top, write the name of your program. You may name it anything, but I just entered "temporary". Now click OK.

When that window closes, you will see a few new things on the leftmost side of the IDE. If the folder for "Source Files" is not opened, open it by double-clicking on it or clicking on the [>] (in some cases, a [+]) symbol to the left of it. Now double-click on the file titled "Main.cpp". This is your main file for coding.

Once you see the code in your editor, click anywhere inside the text-area and press SHIFT+ALT+ENTER. This will maximize your code window so that you can see the most of it that you can. You can escape from full-screen mode by again pressing SHIFT+ALT+ENTER.

Now that you have a project open, press F5 or go to the menu Debug>Start Debugging. This will compile and run your project. If all succeeds, you should see a blue window with a line of text and several spheres, some of them squished, and all of them slowly turning.

In the folder where you installed the Dark GDK, you will find some tutorials. One of them will walk you through this same process, and even every line of the code that you see when you made it.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 01:37
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 20:04
This thread has concluded

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:21:19