Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Normal map doesn't want to be applied?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 01:48
For some reason when I try to add a normal map to a object using "dbSetBumpMappingOn();" it instead makes it disappear. I thought that was "dbHideObject();"'s job, not one that seems like it should apply a bump map to a object.

Here's the code and the two media files are attached.

The trouble part has been commented out so you can see the cube, then uncomment it and see how it magicly disappears. Please help me!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 06:30
I heard that command is tweaked. Look for EVOLVED and Green Gandalf's Shaders. I think they have stuff that works Google if ya have to - but that's what I heard - BUMPMAPPING NAtively? Bad! Using Evolved's and Green Gandalf's Shaders? Good

Good Luck!

Galaxy613
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 16:59 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 22:23
I'll look for them. Thanks.

*EDIT* Found them, will I have to do that funky thing with the extra camera as discribed in "Advanced Shaders" tutorial? Is there anything I should know about when trying to get these to work?

To benefit other n00bs like me, here is where I found the pack: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=8&t=79849&p=0

Thanks a bunch!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:15:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:15:13