Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Plugin Validation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 00:02
Hi, I just bought the Dark AI plugin, and need to use it on two seperate computers. My problem is that the one computer (the one I use most), doesn't have working internet and won't do for some time, so I can't validate the plugin via internet.

Since I have validated the plugin on the other computer, is there any way I can just copy a certain file across or something (short of copying the entire DBPro directory across of course), I have tried just copying the certificate file, but no success.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated, because if I don't find a solution, I will only be able to code on the one computer (which I only use about twice every 2 weeks) since the other won't compile the code.

Thanks a lot

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 00:12
Anyone, sorry for my impatience, it's just that I only have one more day on this computer before I leave it for a week/2 weeks so I would like the issue solved ASAP.

Thanks

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 00:27
No one is responding because this sounds like a "How Can I Pirate" My Plug in. Think About it.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 00:37
Oh yeah, I see what you mean, is there any proof I can show which will convince anyone? Maybe the e-mail I got when I bought it?

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 01:12
If I were you - I'd hook it up to the internet - get it working - then disconnect it.

TGC is (probably) not against a licensed user using their licensed copy of software - whenever and where ever they want. They would be against - two developers ganking the software - one license - two developers using it.

This is an integrity issue on what you do with your license - but yeah - hook it up to the internet - and follow the normal matter of course.

Remember - you didn't buy the software - you bought the right to use it - under their terms and conditions - (Usually thats how it works anyway) and their current terms are - follow the instructions in the email

Seriously - good luck and Happy holidays

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 01:29
Umm, the problem is that I can't get the computer hooked up unless the internet ends up working. I guess I'll have to just copy the entire directory across, since as you said I have the right to use it, and I'm not giving it to anyone else.

Thanks for the info, and happy holidays to you too.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:27:09