Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Noob needs help!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 10:20 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2007 13:13
Hi there,
I am totally new to Dark GDK and trying to producemy first game...and stumbling over the first few lins of code....

I am using 3 skyboxes from SkyMatter (FPSC 'x' files) and have some strange results.

Seams are showing on the sky boxes (intermittant) and I use the 'n' key to switch between views (first press does nothing, 3rd keypress should 'wrap around' and return to first scene).

I have programmed C++ for 17 years, though only used C# for past 3 years so am a little rusty on the C++

Any help would be much appreciated (code follows

mod edit - added close code tag
Jaxom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 14:21
oops - found the dbHideObject(val) and dbShowObject(val) commands, but still have problems with the SkyBox seams....
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 20:06
there is a texture setting you can use but I dont remember what it was, anyways, to find out just do a search in the dbp forms. This has been anwsered many times before and its a simple solution if I recall correctly
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 20:08
Ok - I'm "Building" Skybox - versus just loading.

You'll have to Disect this - but this builds a skybox - to get to the specifics - load images with texture flag as false seems to help and so does this set of Settings (Which should be easy to see what I'm doing even though its my own oop wrapper)

Now for the Whole Routine I Use for the SkyBox "Apply Method"

Hope you get ideas from this - note - You may or may not want Cull Flag and Fog flag set - I think culling should be true - dunno - TGC working of culling doesn't (to me sometimes depending what help you read) jive with MSDN explaination of Culled backfaces... )

(I think you want SkyBox backfaces culled - as you can't see em if you're "in" the skybox anyway.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:22:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:22:28