Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / creating an mmo with dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 23:59 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2007 00:19
Hey I was wondering if its possible to create an mmo world on the dark GDK

If so id like help, i am fairly new to this and would like tips and possibly better tutorial that what was offered with the installer

I likes tings
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 00:25
MMO - Possible? Yes. But that is a word with much history here - do yourself a favor and read this link of forum rules, good advice, good links to media and tools etc... Read through this:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=13351&b=7

Not all links may work - but there is a lot in there you should scope out before you continue asking for MMO help.

dbGamerX
Years of Service
User Offline
MMOG? Depends on what's in it. Massively multiplayer games can be made, but you'll need a very good history and knowledge of game creation (not just C++) and how everything will go together (the overall design).

You could use a TCP/IP plugin, but that's just a start. You'll have to find ways to communicate WIN32 applications with the server, the game and itself. Like a portal, worm hole between two different aspects of programming, sort of.

Anyways, to get the point across, you can't make a [good] MMOG with just DGDK. You'll need much more than that.

dbPrint ( "Sig" );
Anora
Years of Service
User Offline
I see, I'm not going to be the coder sadly, I'm mostly a mapper worked whit the unreal tool's allot.

Ill be going over the tutorial on the site

I likes tings

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:21:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:21:35