Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Which FPSC Tools work with X10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 17:29
I was just wondering which of the tools (like Magic FPS, Signs,etc.) work with FPSC X10. Anybody know?

Keith
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 17:54
Firma segment editor V2.0 works fine as well as Magic fps. I don't know about the others.

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 22:42
Also, does anyone know whether Firma, Signs, or Magic FPS support assigning normal and specular maps to segments or models? I believe this is now supported in FPSC X10, so I thought I'd ask.

Keith
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 23:20
Good question.

I'd like to know this also. I'm still trying to figure out what the best method of creating segments and entities is with the current tools available in FPSC X9.

I've read that normal and specular maps are applied to segments / entities automatically using the appropriate shader which is fine so I can just concentrate on making good texture maps but it would be nice if there was an application which allows you to specify them at point of creation.

Also if you don't mind me asking this is your thread.

Do any of the existing tools allow you to scale meshes up and down. I know that entity maker and magicfps allow scaling for example but do they actually change the mesh itself or just change the value of the scale property in the output .fpe

I'm wondering this due to the .fpe scale feature not working in X10 which kind of bothers me a bit and would like to know the most effecient way of resolving it. Messing around with every mesh in a dedicated modelling program sounds a bit annoying.
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 01:34
Just to let you know what I have seen so far.

FIRMA

I just used Firma and it worked smoothly. Would like more control over the maps, but the defaults aren't bad.

Magic FPS

I am having trouble with Magic FPS though on my Vista 64 machine. I get a "missing comdlg32.ocx " error. I checked the forum and it seems other programs with this problem just register it (with admin privileges of course). The only problem is I don't have a comdlg32.ocx file to register. Is this file supposed to come with the program and is not being installed or just a file that windows no longer ships?

Signs

I love this program, so hopefully I can get it to work. Yes, I use multiple programs (registered user of Magic and Signs). The installer doesn't currently work on Vista 64, but Terry (the Signs person) is sending me a manual install to try. Hopefully we'll have success there.

Keith
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 23:32
Magic FPS in Vista 64

I just wanted to update the entry for those running in Vista 64. To resolve the comdlg32.ocx error, you first need the comdlg32.ocx file of course, but then instead of registering it in sys32, register it (regsvr32) in the syswow64 folder under your windows directory. Then things seem to work correctly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:35:54