Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Story in X10 ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 13:55
Hi!

Is it possible to put a narrative/story into a FPSC X10 game? I am thinking of AI characters that can say something or messages you get to read. Someting.

What about cut scenes (divx files etc.)?

I have a few game ideas but none of them would work without their stories.
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 17:25
fpsc x10 has its own video capture screen so you could start recording ( with or without hud ) and then have a sound zone that has someone talk when you step into it. so there you go, a cutscene with someone talking in it.

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
You can add event-zones that activate something. With these you can play audio and video -files. With little extra work you can also add texts (subtitles) to appear when needed.

There's several good examples of what you can do with FPSC. Search these forums for screenies and discussion and maybe youtube for some nice demonstration videos.
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 23:32
I have allways wanted lip-sync, it will make the dialogs look more professional, though FPSC is more like arcade style gameplay. Like DOOM 1&2 or Quake.

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 20:03
Ok, sounds like FPSC can do the things needed. Thanks for the help to all of you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:20:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:20:49