Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D world without programing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know my questions must seem stupid or in the wrong place.
I just want to know if there is any way to create a 3D world where you can walk through, without knowing any programing language.
For Example, in Strategic games like Warcraft or Age Of Empires you can create maps or worlds before playing into them.
You can add treed and objects and everything.
So, is there any software that allows me to do the same thing?
Just to create a 3D world and after that to walk through it without playing and killing or other scripts?

Trying to start learning
Silicon Zombie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 17:20
Your question isnt stupid, i am still learning dbpro and im sure the learning process never finishes. In respect of your question, you can with a few lines of code create the game world you describe, however you have specified without code at this stage.
I would suggest you maybe consider fps creator, which with a small amount of effort can do as you describe. Why not download the free trial and see if you get on with it. I know many people who rave about fps creator.
If you are determined to learn dbpro, there are plenty of really great fps tutorials by some tallented people, and a simple search here will find them.
Best of luck....
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2007 21:14 Edited at: 25th Dec 2007 21:15
A) Get someone else to program the game for you, and let them tell you where you put your models in order to get them into the game.

B) Get something like 3D Game Maker or FPSC

C) MOD an existing game

D) Own up, actually learn to program, and stop trying to take the easy way out. You'll never get the results you want without programming it yourself.

You chose .

Gamer Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much guys. I'll try now the FPS trial.
I'd really like to learn programing, but don't know why I have an impression that it's like learning a whole new language.
Looks very difficult without a proper teaching at school or university, but who knows, maybe after trying with this I could understand anything from the tutorials here.
Seen a lot of them.

Thank you again.

Trying to start learning
Dark Lord Ev
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey..uhm how does the make mesh command work...i get the basis of it...like what image format do i use....and does anyone know of any good places or programs (free) or (trial) for making like .BSP maps....oh just remembered if i wanted to make a 3d image from a picture like a Doom2 enemy how can i do it????

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:35:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:35:44