Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / make screen size of background image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

i already have the resources for this project and i have written this code, but the problem that arises is the window cannot be sized so that the bitmap isnt stretched if was to fill the entire window. i need it so that the window fits to the background exactly, and that i can see it (not too small) and if it was regular size and i moved a sprite 1 to the right it would move one pixel, then it was 4x the size and i moved it 1 to the right it would move 4 pixels and such. im not sure how to do this. Plz help!

"When you can create craters a mile wide, You don't need to aim too carefully!"
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 02:43
I didn't really get the problem but it seems it's related with the placement and the fill of an image / sprite on the screen, On the "The Game Creators" folder on the start menu, seach there for the Tutorial's folder and the the first tutorial

Tugapod
Mirror Kirby
Years of Service
User Offline
when i start my program, the image takes up not even 1/4 the window. i need it stretched so that it fills the window but doesn't change the pixel size of the images.

"When you can create craters a mile wide, You don't need to aim too carefully!"
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 12:23
that's impossible unless it's a vector image, every time you try to stretch an imagem the pixels changes too.

the alternatives are:
-> stretch in photoshop-like programs so the quality remains
-> center the sprite on the center of the screen and change the backdrop color to the color of the sprite background
-> strech the sprite so it would fit on the screen

Tugapod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:23