Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / gravity based game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 06:53 Edited at: 26th Dec 2007 06:58
Heya, i'm trying to make a 3d game that's like orbit, sept one dimension more. http://www.ugoplayer.com/games/orbit.html i know that
(the force of the object/f)=(the gravitational constant/G)*(first mass/M)*(second mass/m)/(the distance between the two object's centers, squared/R^2), or f=GMm/r^2, but i don't know how to use the value F as a force, or how to program that force into an object in dbpro
[edit]
err... i also want to have stationary objects attracting the moving ones

parrot
The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2007 15:56
You might want to consider using something like Newton Physics for this kind of thing. It makes stuff a hell of a lot easier.

Moe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 01:03
hmmm, i didn't think i'd get a good answer from this seeing as how this isn't my specialty, and i heard from my incredibly smart friend that to depict two planets interacting would be college physics class advanced, and with three planets you could easily earn your masters degree.... but thanks, this helps alot , downloading now

parrot
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 23:18
Moe..... were doing gravity between 2 planets in 9th grade physics...

what do you mean you dont know how to use it as a force?
force is measured in newtons... a newton is... somthing, like kg over somthing.... uh.... thinking.....gah, i dont know... by kg i mean kilograms, so mass. maybe its M/A for acceleration but i really cant remeber, its vacation!

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:28:51