Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / soft particles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't seem to be able to create the big huge thing of smoke like in the preview, does anyone know how?

I would also like to know how to do the manual control thing.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 13:45
I can't seem to find that either.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 18:39
Theres a shader in the effects folder called soft particle.fx

Unfortunately TGC haven't provided the smoke decal shown in the X10 technical demo video so theres no obvious way to apply this shader to a particular decal.

I'm a bit disappointed with the support documentation thats been included with the software. It's like they just used the old X9 manual with a couple of extras but don't go into detail for any of the new features that are supposed to make all the difference like volumetric smoke and full scene bump mapping.

Not much point in a major engine upgrade with no support documentation to make the new features accessible.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 19:26 Edited at: 28th Dec 2007 19:33
Quote: "Not much point in a major engine upgrade with no support documentation to make the new features accessible. "

I can't find the Actions or Conditions for the new SCORE feature for the Entities.
Unless I am overlooking it, I don't see anything about SCORE in the Manual's list of Conditions/Actions.

I do see the Score value if I right click an entity in the editor to view its properties.
I know the SCORE has been implemented, but how do I read/manipulate it in the FPI scripts with no Condition or Action?

I agree:
I think that each new feature should have had its own section/paragraph(s) describing its proper usage.
Some things were not adressed.
Please correct me if I have overlooked it because I am still re-reading to find it.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

george oscar
Years of Service
User Offline
I was getting really frustrated with seeing all this new features in the demo videos, and then when I get the system almost all of them have been removed.

The manual is very frustrating also, it is simply x9's manual and I hate how it advertises all the model packs at the end.

Another feature in the demo was him instantly changing characters to be different, changing the height and color of the smoke, and manual control mode.

I can't seem to find anything in the manual.
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 22:22
Yeah, I think that alot of people including me are dissaponted with x10. If I knew that X10 was like this, I would have stuck with FPSCx9

If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, quite.
george oscar
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems they advertised a lot of stuff that everyone got excited about and learned it was unpractical or not even in the finished product, I feel they ripped us off on a lot of things we were looking forward to.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 00:00 Edited at: 29th Dec 2007 00:03
I'm afraid its looking like the volumetric smoke effect didn't make it into X10, or at least not in the release version.

I don't really understand why after showcasing it working in the tech demo. It was one of the better features given how well it works in games like call of duty.

I'm going to be disappointed if X10 has been released missing key features given that they've delayed releasing it since April for updates.

The manual documentation provided with X10 gives no specific information about the key new features. I think thats pretty poor and has already resulted in people questioning why features aren't present and other technical issues like 'how come entities don't scale anymore'.

Also I think it's a bad move for TGC to release a new engine which only works on the latest Windows with a good DX10 graphics card then say their still going to support the X9 version. Huh?

Surely you either make the original X9 engine the way it should be which will work on XP and Vista or drop X9 altogether to make a definitive X10 version exclusively. Otherwise we'll just end up with 2 incomplete / partially supported game engines.

I'm a big FPSC fan and want to see it reach it's full potential which could be amazing but for I prey TGC have a clear vision of where this is going now that X10 has been released.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't this the new smoke here? I do not see any way to change the smoke color like they did in the video thats for sure.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 02:09
I agree with everything said.x10 was disappointing. The only smoke affect included was the decal, whic is 3d, but there is no way to change it. The only way i will be happy is if someone adds terrain from t.ed succesfully.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 02:28
Quote: "Isn't this the new smoke here? I do not see any way to change the smoke color like they did in the video thats for sure."

There are 2 new X10 specific decals provided which look slightly better than the X9 equivalents but provide no additional functionality such as changing colour.

They certainly don't give you the volumetric smoke effect shown in the tech video.

Quote: "I agree with everything said.x10 was disappointing. The only smoke affect included was the decal, which is 3d, but there is no way to change it. The only way i will be happy is if someone adds terrain from t.ed succesfully."

Well you'll be a relatively happy chap then. I made and successfully imported a T.ED terrain into FPSC X9 which takes advantage of the entire map editor size available. See attached screenshot

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 02:31
The soft particle effect shown in the FPSC X10 tech demo looks something like this.

Attachments

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 02:36
Let's just been happy that there are at least 2 soft particle effects, even though they're not the way we thought we would expect it to look like. I was just only disapointed that there were no soft particle fire effects. Hopefully, it will be included in a model pack.

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
That decal is from the decal pack from the website.

[href=http://www.freewebs.com/ignitestudios/]

[/href]
mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 14:28
Quote: "Quote: "I agree with everything said.x10 was disappointing. The only smoke affect included was the decal, which is 3d, but there is no way to change it. The only way i will be happy is if someone adds terrain from t.ed succesfully."

Well you'll be a relatively happy chap then. I made and successfully imported a T.ED terrain into FPSC X9 which takes advantage of the entire map editor size available. See attached screenshot "

Did you need to break it up into 3x3 segments? If not, how did you import it then?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:22:56