Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / trouble upgrading IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 03:20
I just did a fresh install of DBPro. After install I went and installed the 1.0.9 then 1.0.9.2 IDE upgrades, but I have no idea how to tell if I did it correctly. Is there anywhere I can look in the DBPro program to see the IDE version? All I see on Help -> About is 1.066 which I'm guessing is the DBPRo version.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

badrock
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 04:59
Hi,

As long as you installed the first update (dbpro ide 109.exe) first.
Then extracted the ide exe 109b.zip and copy and pasted the (editor.exe) on top of the one in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Editor

Unless you installed DBPro in a different directory. Just find the Editor folder and copy and paste the editor.exe on top of the one that is there.

3.0 Ghtz/1GB DDR400 Ram/NVidia 7600 GS OC 512MB AGP Graphics/100GB Maxtor Sata Drive/Dark Basic Pro 6.6

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
badrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 06:50
Thanks ghost, I did just that so I suppose all went well.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 14:13
One way to tell is to go to the menu option Tools->System Options and look at the concatenation symbol. If it's an underscore, then you're done - the initial release of the IDE used three dots.

Also, take a look in the bug forum for the previous release details post. There's a link to an unofficial IDE upgrade there too that you might want to install.

Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 16:21
I never saw the unofficial IDE upgrade before, IanM.
What does this change? There's no readme inside the pack.

Yskonyn - (Ploughing through Hands On DBP Programming Vol. 1)
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 19:23
IIRC it sorts out a few problems that people had with losing source code - that's something that a lot of people have had problems with in the past, although I never seem to suffer from it myself. The release was shipped to just a few people for testing before the author disappeared from the scene - that's why it's an unofficial release.

You can also find some links to alternate editors in the same post too.

badrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 02:01
Quote: "IIRC it sorts out a few problems that people had with losing source code - that's something that a lot of people have had problems with in the past, although I never seem to suffer from it myself."

I had this happen once or twice in the last week. I have since switched over to CodeSurge and that has been working out well.
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 09:57
Loosing source code as in spontaniously deleting projects, or just loosing source code which you did not save?

And did you loose the source code with the unofficial update installed as well, badrock?

Yskonyn - (Ploughing through Hands On DBP Programming Vol. 1)
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
badrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 15:30
Quote: "Loosing source code as in spontaniously deleting projects, or just loosing source code which you did not save?"

I had been switching back and forth between 'project view' and 'assistant view' which forces you to close the project and reopen. I saved the project, and the file was still there to open again but when I did it was completely blank.

Quote: "And did you loose the source code with the unofficial update installed as well, badrock?"

No, I never got around to installing the unofficial update - just the official ones available in the DBPro download section.

DarkBASIC Pro / CodeSurge
Windows 2000 SP4 / PIII 1Ghz / 256mb
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 15:47 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2008 15:56
Ok, I am running the unofficial update and use the DBP stock IDE as I like to be able to close the functions with the little plus sign. I also like the fact that the stock IDE 'blends' the remarks into the background, but I guess you could configure the colors in CodeSurge to do the same?

Anyway I like the stock IDE and I've never had this issue yet.
And CodeSurge gives me a weird error often when I try to save.
Also I keep forgetting to close and open a new project every time you do a test-driver, otherwise all the dba files are in the same project. . Too confusing!
Happy coding!

(Ploughing through Hands On DBP Programming Vol. 1)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:34:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:34:14