Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't get Dark GDK inside C++!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody!

I really need help. When I start C++ and wanna make a game in Dark GDK I can't find the template for a game in the New Project view. I've got everything that's needed installed on my computer. What's the wrong?! PLEASE! HELP ME! Ireally wanna start coding!

GuitarComet

Beginner in Programing! Playing Guitar
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 16:15 Edited at: 31st Dec 2007 16:15
I started with a clean install - maybe that would help, maybe uninstall the GDK part and rerun the installer? otherwise, grab this... complete project - not to learn from as its thick - BUT - it should be a working "Environment" when you open the project - meaning all the settings so it compiles ok:

http://www.jasonpetersage.com/GDK_FrustrumLimbCulling.zip

And here is a sample main.cpp from the wizard:

But for it to compile - you need a "Project" configured for it - to get all the settings right - hence why I tossed up that download link - it has one.

Good Luck - Fellow Guitar Player: http://www.jasonpetersage.com/?PAGE=jpsmain&SECTION=music

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 19:00
The problem is verylikely some of those mentioned in thread "Installation & Wizards" - check it out! There are many people complaining about the installer (which is absolutely crappy, it's the worst installer for a serious product I've ever seen). Most likely you will need to copy the folder "Wizards" from the GDK installation folder to your "My documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects" folder or some such. Check out the mentioned thread, you will find a procedure you need to take to make it working.
Guitar Comet
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank You!

I found the problem. Dark GDK made a folder inside my GuitarComet user folder in Vista. It had the name My Documents, but im from sweden so the name of my documents folder is Dokument. It was there VS C++ Express was installed. I solved the problemby copying the Dark GDK files into the real Visual Studio 2008 folder!

Thanks anyway, guys!

GuitarComet

Beginner in Programing! Playing Guitar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:29