Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Give this a listen...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 00:02
I'm wondering how you guys think this track would work in a game?

And also looking for some general creative criticism.

This is a deviation from my usual style, as I tend to do lighter stuff normally.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Panabolic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 08:31 Edited at: 1st Jan 2008 16:00
I could see this as viable for sports, racing or an interactive drama like Max Payne. It might even be fun for that Guitar Hero clone Frets of Fire. I like the song, particularly the guitar work. I think a little polishing of the mastering and voicework would make it even better.

One of the things I noticed is that you are a little close to your mic. Your P's are popping a smidge and I can hear you exhaling ocassionally. At 1:50 it seems the level of your voice (and the track) jumps a few db. It sounds unnatural. Like you went from singing to me to yelling at me. I also hear what sounds like clipping on the voice track.

The voice track sounds a little dry. Maybe just a smidge of verb would be good. I like what you did with the hard verb around 1:35, I think it was well placed.

I hope you find my feedback will be useful.

(Post edited for brevity and clarity)

~insert whitty comment here~
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 23:47
Quote: "It might even be fun for that Guitar Hero clone Frets of Fire. "

Actually, that's the first thing I tried. I could never get it to work though, my computer's a little slow on that game...

Thanks for your feedback, this is exactly what I'm looking for! Glad you liked it, and I'll take all your suggestions into consideration.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 08:21:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 08:21:50