Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPSC to DBP Multi-Texturing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

I'm trying to get some basic FPSC levels into DBP, just as a test to make DBP level design less painless for me. I've read the tutorial, and loaded the universe.dbo file and all the textures from the texturebank alright, and applied the textures to the universe.dbo model, as shown in my code below:

Problem is, instead of texturing each entity with its own texture, everything is just textured in one texture, and that texture is #27, the last one loaded and applied. Why is that? If anything, wouldn't it be the 1st one applied, unless the textures are overlapping each other. (All my entities are static by the way.)

Anyway, any help with getting each invididual wall, ceiling, floor and entity to have its own texture would be greatly appreciated.

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 22:52 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2008 22:54
Well, everytime you call
texture object obj, texture
The previous texture is removed, and the new one is used.
In your case, it textures object 10 with texture 10, 11, 12, ... and finally 27. The only one that you can see is 27 because it removed the previous one.
And an object is actually the whole world. The entities you search for are stored as limbs, and the limbs are all part of one object (in your code object 10).

To texture the limbs you have to use:
texture limb obj, limbnr, texture
(so for you: texture limb 10, limbnr, texturenr)

It could take a while to see which limb number is which entity though. I also don't know if the parameters are stored in the limb names. If they are, you can use them to determine the texture.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 09:09 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2008 12:37
Hmm, that's weird. In another DBP file, using another FPSC map, this time with no entities, loading it and texturing it all like I did last time appears to work perfectly. The code I used this time is below:

Screen attached if any are interested.

EDIT: Thanks a lot! After trying the texturing each limbs thing, it works perfectly! There's a lot of trial and error to guess what limb is what entity, but it's worth the time.

Thanks again Sven B.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 17:45
And you're sure the floor and walls don't have the same texture? Maybe try a little more different textures. I can't tell if they're the same or not. They look the same allright, but maybe the lighting just makes it a little darker...

And you're welcome.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:35:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:35:45